Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Enigma that is Derek Carr

Oh boy I'm gonna get roasted for this... but Carr is learning a brand new offense yet again. I don't have the patience for it nor does the rest of Raider Nation.. I don't know if I'm more disappointed in Carr (figuring McDaniels would be smart enough to play to Carrs strengths and ease this new offense into Carr and what he is comfortable with) or if McDaniels (albeit an "offensive guru/genius) is just too damn stubborn and fixed in his ways that he will run his offense regardless if the team will take its lumps early knowing it will take time for this team to gel and find its stride.
    To me, a smart HC would ease this transition and say to Carr "you are on your 4th/5th offensive in 9 years, let's do what you do best, and we will grow/tweak the offense to my offense as we move along."... to me, with the playmakers and talent that we have, a great HC/ offensive playcaller would mask our weaknesses (our O-line) and highlight our strengths with the type of QB we have (Carr, non-running QB) and build on what we did well last season incremently adding his wrinkles as we went along.. it seems McDaniels has more patience than the rest of us...but this window is closing, at least with the top playmakers they just paid/extended this year.... so I, for one am confused. And hope those results change here starting with the Titans game.. but, i think we are in for a battle this week and for quite a few in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Oh boy I'm gonna get roasted for this... but Carr is learning a brand new offense yet again. I don't have the patience for it nor does the rest of Raider Nation.. I don't know if I'm more disappointed in Carr (figuring McDaniels would be smart enough to play to Carrs strengths and ease this new offense into Carr and what he is comfortable with) or if McDaniels (albeit an "offensive guru/genius) is just too damn stubborn and fixed in his ways that he will run his offense regardless if the team will take its lumps early knowing it will take time for this team to gel and find its stride.
    To me, a smart HC would ease this transition and say to Carr "you are on your 4th/5th offensive in 9 years, let's do what you do best, and we will grow/tweak the offense to my offense as we move along."... to me, with the playmakers and talent that we have, a great HC/ offensive playcaller would mask our weaknesses (our O-line) and highlight our strengths with the type of QB we have (Carr, non-running QB) and build on what we did well last season incremently adding his wrinkles as we went along.. it seems McDaniels has more patience than the rest of us...but this window is closing, at least with the top playmakers they just paid/extended this year.... so I, for one am confused. And hope those results change here starting with the Titans game.. but, i think we are in for a battle this week and for quite a few in the near future.
    From listening to the pressers, it would seem the coaching staff is quite pleased with Carr's performance thus far. So as far as Carr is concerned, there is no tweaking needed. Its the rest of the offense that needs to get on board. I know....difficult to believe, but that's the feeling I got when I heard them talk to the press. Maybe Carr has a way of getting the coaching staff on his side, until the coaching staff is given the pink slip and leave Carr to sweet talk another staff, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I hear what you are saying; but Carr is going to
    32 next season and wouldn’t you rather go with
    a 1st round draft pick QB and start over again…

Carr a good QB who could start on maybe 6
    teams in NFL….but he gotten to highest level
    he will ever get and he not going to get any
    higher…

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    From listening to the pressers, it would seem the coaching staff is quite pleased with Carr's performance thus far. So as far as Carr is concerned, there is no tweaking needed. Its the rest of the offense that needs to get on board. I know....difficult to believe, but that's the feeling I got when I heard them talk to the press. Maybe Carr has a way of getting the coaching staff on his side, until the coaching staff is given the pink slip and leave Carr to sweet talk another staff, lol.
    Think Carr been washing McDaniels car
    and mowing his lawn since he became
    HC of the raiders

derek carr might be the best kiss ass of all time

If you can't see what's wrong with the Raiders, I can't help you.

In all three losses, we had as many scoring drives as the winning teams. But what was the difference? We kicked more FGs while the other team scored more TDs.

Who is the most important person in the red zone? The QB. He has to make quick, correct decisions. He has to be able to extend the play with his legs, in order to give plays another half second to get open.

What are Carr's greatest weaknesses? He can't make reads quickly and he can't make correct decisions on the fly. Plus he can't extend plays with his legs. He's among the worst in the league in using his legs to buy another half second.

So is it really that surprising that we struggle in the red zone or that Carr has been among the league's worst at turning passing yards into TDs? Not really. The past few years, Mitchell Tribusky has thrown for more TD passes per yards passed Derek Carr.

This is why this team struggles. The same thing happened last year under another coach. Now we have a coach who is supposedly an offensive genius, who had great success coaching a freaking rookie, and now Carr is struggling.

Can't you see it. If you can't, I can't help you. Carr is the problem, not the solution.

We could have Belichick as the coach and Carr would still struggle. In fact, we now have Belichick's offensive guru and Carr is still struggling.

You can't see it? You're blind.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

In all three losses, we had as many scoring drives as the winning teams. But what was the difference? We kicked more FGs while the other team scored more TDs.

Who is the most important person in the red zone? The QB. He has to make quick, correct decisions. He has to be able to extend the play with his legs, in order to give plays another half second to get open.

What are Carr's greatest weaknesses? He can't make reads quickly and he can't make correct decisions on the fly. Plus he can't extend plays with his legs. He's among the worst in the league in using his legs to buy another half second.

So is it really that surprising that we struggle in the red zone or that Carr has been among the league's worst at turning passing yards into TDs? Not really. The past few years, Mitchell Tribusky has thrown for more TD passes per yards passed Derek Carr.

This is why this team struggles. The same thing happened last year under another coach. Now we have a coach who is supposedly an offensive genius, who had great success coaching a freaking rookie, and now Carr is struggling.

Can't you see it. If you can't, I can't help you. Carr is the problem, not the solution.

We could have Belichick as the coach and Carr would still struggle. In fact, we now have Belichick's offensive guru and Carr is still struggling.

i agree 100% with this post "MR DEREK CARR IS THE CONSTANT PROBLEM"

I think the OP had autocorrect on when starting this thread...
    Was title suppose to be "The ENEMA that is Derek Carr"?

And to answer a previous question asked in relation to my post, YES I would like to use our 1st rounder on a QB, especially if we are going to be drafting within the first 5 picks of next years draft. Especially one that could give us some hope to run an offense like Herbert runs the Chargers iffense. One that will and can run / be elusive..
    But more than that, I'd do whatever I could to get Lamar Jackson. Unfortunately that Will never happen as we would never be able to afford him with next years salary cap...

On a side note, who here, right now today, would trade Darren Waller straight up for a really good RT and a decent guard? I for sure would...

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post

I got tired of repeatedly explaining this concept to the naysayers and eventually just gave up and stopped posting. After starting 0-3 I just checked in to see what the excuse is now. “New System” LMFAO .. Carr is 30+ .. not a rookie .. he’s not a winner .. never has been and never will be .. this dates back to high school and college. He also happens to have a really low IQ and is simply unable to make the quick reads necessary to be effective in the red zone.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    If Josh McDaniels does get fired, you think the Raiders will give Carr another season?