Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 401

Thread: The Enigma that is Derek Carr

  1. #131
    I've been screaming for a long time about Carr using his legs at critical moments of games. He did it yesterday. Must keep it up.

    The red zone still needs to be fixed. Field goals wont beat teams like KC.

    PS" The kid Hollins has been playing great. props to him.

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    3,441
    Thing is at the moment; Jacobs is playing light out as a runningback and we really need to run the ball against the chiefs....think running the ball is raiders best option of beating the chiefs

  3. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I've been screaming for a long time about Carr using his legs at critical moments of games. He did it yesterday. Must keep it up.

    The red zone still needs to be fixed. Field goals wont beat teams like KC.

    PS" The kid Hollins has been playing great. props to him.
    Exactly, he reads the D....if it's man he should know running is good option.

  4. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Thing is at the moment; Jacobs is playing light out as a runningback and we really need to run the ball against the chiefs....think running the ball is raiders best option of beating the chiefs
    ONLY if the Raiders are able to score first and try to maintain a lead. If we are playing catchup, the running game gets thrown out the window pretty quickly... basically, we need to score 35 at least to beat the Chiefs... how many points did we put up the last time we beat the Chiefs?
    On October 11th 2020, the Raiders put up 40 pts vs the Chiefs 32 pts.. and that is after the Chiefs scored before end of game to make it 32.. The score makes it seem closer than it was but anyway, point being we cannot just plan to run the ball against the Chiefs and expect to win. We need to play with the lead, and play with our hair on fire. Do a lot more of the no huddle like what we saw against Denver..
    Hopefully history can repeat itself and the Raiders can beat the Chiefs on Monday night October 10th (the October 11th 2020 Raider win was a Sunday night primetime game)..

  5. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    ONLY if the Raiders are able to score first and try to maintain a lead. If we are playing catchup, the running game gets thrown out the window pretty quickly... basically, we need to score 35 at least to beat the Chiefs... how many points did we put up the last time we beat the Chiefs?
    On October 11th 2020, the Raiders put up 40 pts vs the Chiefs 32 pts.. and that is after the Chiefs scored before end of game to make it 32.. The score makes it seem closer than it was but anyway, point being we cannot just plan to run the ball against the Chiefs and expect to win. We need to play with the lead, and play with our hair on fire. Do a lot more of the no huddle like what we saw against Denver..
    Hopefully history can repeat itself and the Raiders can beat the Chiefs on Monday night October 10th (the October 11th 2020 Raider win was a Sunday night primetime game)..
    But Chiefs do not have Hill anymore and
    he was a dangerous wr….the game is in
    Kansas in which is going to be tough to
    win….if Carr plays good then we have a
    chance to win; but Carr is a hot/cold QB
    and we have no idea which Carr show up…

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    But Chiefs do not have Hill anymore and
    he was a dangerous wr….the game is in
    Kansas in which is going to be tough to
    win….if Carr plays good then we have a
    chance to win; but Carr is a hot/cold QB
    and we have no idea which Carr show up…
    Clearly they don't need Hill. Putting up 41 pts last week against the Buccaneers top rated Defense

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    3,441
    That true but you gotta remember; everytime Hill played the raiders he always put up a great game against us....him and Kelce seem to have stickum on their hands, never seem to drop anything throw their way

  8. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    That true but you gotta remember; everytime Hill played the raiders he always put up a great game against us....him and Kelce seem to have stickum on their hands, never seem to drop anything throw their way
    Good point.. Hill was always incredible against us. Hoping Graham schemes to keep Kelce out of the game. Not this taking one full half to adjust.. needs to be done out of the gate

  9. #139

    How to beat the Chiefs

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Good point.. Hill was always incredible against us. Hoping Graham schemes to keep Kelce out of the game. Not this taking one full half to adjust.. needs to be done out of the gate
    To beat the Chiefs, we need to do the same thing we did when we beat the Chargers in the Dan Fouts era.

    Keep them off the field.

    Run the ball. Sustain long drives. Keep their offense from getting into a rhythm. Score TDs instead of kicking field goals.

    You cannot beat the Chiefs with three and outs, an offense that ends drives with field goals. If we have three scoring drives in the first half, kicking FGs with each drive, and they have three drives, scoring TDs each time, we are down 21-9 at the half. If they get the ball to start the second half and score another TD, now we are down 28-9. Now they have taken away our running game.

    In the key games at the end of the season last year, our running game got going and was actually one of the best in the league. That and our defense, which was also among the best in the league those last few games, are what got us into the playoffs. Our passing offense was average. We took the ball out of the hands of Derek Carr and put it into our running game. What happened? We went on a winning streak and got into the playoffs.

    What happened last week? We did the same thing. More Jacobs, less Carr. We finally won.

    Face it. Carr is an average QB. He is not great. He does not elevate those around him. Less Carr more Jacobs is the key to getting into the playoffs and the key to beating KC.

  10. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    3,441
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    To beat the Chiefs, we need to do the same thing we did when we beat the Chargers in the Dan Fouts era.

    Keep them off the field.

    Run the ball. Sustain long drives. Keep their offense from getting into a rhythm. Score TDs instead of kicking field goals.

    You cannot beat the Chiefs with three and outs, an offense that ends drives with field goals. If we have three scoring drives in the first half, kicking FGs with each drive, and they have three drives, scoring TDs each time, we are down 21-9 at the half. If they get the ball to start the second half and score another TD, now we are down 28-9. Now they have taken away our running game.

    In the key games at the end of the season last year, our running game got going and was actually one of the best in the league. That and our defense, which was also among the best in the league those last few games, are what got us into the playoffs. Our passing offense was average. We took the ball out of the hands of Derek Carr and put it into our running game. What happened? We went on a winning streak and got into the playoffs.

    What happened last week? We did the same thing. More Jacobs, less Carr. We finally won.

    Face it. Carr is an average QB. He is not great. He does not elevate those around him. Less Carr more Jacobs is the key to getting into the playoffs and the key to beating KC.
    Yeah Jacob is playing for a contract and if he
    put up a good season like get 1000 yards and
    such, then he going to get a big contract elsewhere….

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •