Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Enigma that is Derek Carr

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    I think the OP had autocorrect on when starting this thread...
    Was title suppose to be "The ENEMA that is Derek Carr"?

And to answer a previous question asked in relation to my post, YES I would like to use our 1st rounder on a QB, especially if we are going to be drafting within the first 5 picks of next years draft. Especially one that could give us some hope to run an offense like Herbert runs the Chargers iffense. One that will and can run / be elusive..
    But more than that, I'd do whatever I could to get Lamar Jackson. Unfortunately that Will never happen as we would never be able to afford him with next years salary cap...

On a side note, who here, right now today, would trade Darren Waller straight up for a really good RT and a decent guard? I for sure would...
    I trade him for 3rd rounder at least....Waller drop a catchable 2 pointer and he is paided to make them catches

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    If Josh McDaniels does get fired, you think the Raiders will give Carr another season?
    Al Davis died some years ago; McDaniels will not get fired this season

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Al Davis died some years ago; McDaniels will not get fired this season
    We go 0-5 into the bye it may happen since 3 of those losses would be divisional. IMHO McDaniels appears overwhelmed, shell-shocked, and incompetent. He exudes zero confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    We go 0-5 into the bye it may happen since 3 of those losses would be divisional. IMHO McDaniels appears overwhelmed, shell-shocked, and incompetent. He exudes zero confidence.
    I think the problems run deeper within this organization beyond just coaching. How many coaches have we had? Why is it that McDaniels, who was an "offensive genius" with the Patriots can't get this offense to click in Vegas?

Al Davis always listened to his players. I think that his son may be listening to players, too. Let's say that the Raiders hire a tough coach who "tells it like it is" and the players don't like him. Do the players go straight to Mark, getting in his ear? Does Mark then undermine the coach, as Al often did, especially in his later years? Does this create a perception among players that a coach can be easily fired and they can get who they want in that position? Does this create opportunities for players to not fully "buy in" to the coach's philosophy? Could this be the reason our offense isn't clicking. Players are doing things the way they've always done, instead of doing it the McDaniels' way.

No matter what you think about Carr, something isn't right.

I also think there are those within the organization or close to the organization who do not like Derek Carr. I went to the last game in Oakland and talked with people who were very close to people formerly with the Raiders organization. They were in the know. The vibe I got from talking to them was that Derek Carr was not the choice of all of those who are close to the Raiders. Is there division within the ranks about Carr?

Something is rotten in Denmark. I believe a lot of this starts with Carr. Could he be complaining to Mark Davis? Could he have an attitude problem, saying the right things in interviews but working players behind the scenes to get McDaniels fired? I don't know. Something is wrong and I think we're not getting the full picture.

I was providing executive oversight in a major city when I saw one key member of the team do everything she could to undermine the executive in charge there. I saw it. i knew what was going on. The executive above me listened to the team (this key person turned everyone on the team against the executive in charge) and I was forced to fire the executive in charge of the team. A few years later, I was proven right, as this executive showed just how unethical she was. A manipulative person can convince others to not follow the leader.

Something is going on with the Raiders. Something isn't right. And we will likely never know what is really going on.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    It appears that he won't be fired if we go 0-5 into the bye. Davis is committed to him. Even the close door meeting they had is being reported that it looks more worrisome than it actually is. I think Davis stays with him for the full year

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    I think the problems run deeper within this organization beyond just coaching. How many coaches have we had? Why is it that McDaniels, who was an "offensive genius" with the Patriots can't get this offense to click in Vegas?

Al Davis always listened to his players. I think that his son may be listening to players, too. Let's say that the Raiders hire a tough coach who "tells it like it is" and the players don't like him. Do the players go straight to Mark, getting in his ear? Does Mark then undermine the coach, as Al often did, especially in his later years? Does this create a perception among players that a coach can be easily fired and they can get who they want in that position? Does this create opportunities for players to not fully "buy in" to the coach's philosophy? Could this be the reason our offense isn't clicking. Players are doing things the way they've always done, instead of doing it the McDaniels' way.

No matter what you think about Carr, something isn't right.

I also think there are those within the organization or close to the organization who do not like Derek Carr. I went to the last game in Oakland and talked with people who were very close to people formerly with the Raiders organization. They were in the know. The vibe I got from talking to them was that Derek Carr was not the choice of all of those who are close to the Raiders. Is there division within the ranks about Carr?

Something is rotten in Denmark. I believe a lot of this starts with Carr. Could he be complaining to Mark Davis? Could he have an attitude problem, saying the right things in interviews but working players behind the scenes to get McDaniels fired? I don't know. Something is wrong and I think we're not getting the full picture.

I was providing executive oversight in a major city when I saw one key member of the team do everything she could to undermine the executive in charge there. I saw it. i knew what was going on. The executive above me listened to the team (this key person turned everyone on the team against the executive in charge) and I was forced to fire the executive in charge of the team. A few years later, I was proven right, as this executive showed just how unethical she was. A manipulative person can convince others to not follow the leader.

Something is going on with the Raiders. Something isn't right. And we will likely never know what is really going on.
    When Ryan Clark visited Raiders Training Camp he said it seemed very business like and stuffy (basically). I forget the exact verbiage but he said there was No fun be had... very Patriot like he said. Which is not good for team building and chemistry.. and probably why half this team seems like it has no fight or will to win in them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I trade him for 3rd rounder at least....Waller drop a catchable 2 pointer and he is paided to make them catches
    maybe it was 5% catchable the defensive player had a better shot of catching it then waller had

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    maybe it was 5% catchable the defensive player had a better shot of catching it then waller had
    For sure, was throwing behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    When Ryan Clark visited Raiders Training Camp he said it seemed very business like and stuffy (basically). I forget the exact verbiage but he said there was No fun be had... very Patriot like he said. Which is not good for team building and chemistry.. and probably why half this team seems like it has no fight or will to win in them.
    This team has not been a consistent winner since Rich Gannon was QB. You would think that a change in culture would be welcomed, not fought. Maybe McDaniels could loosen up a bit. For some reason this feels like students rebelling against a tough teacher trying to teach when every single one of the students was flunking and continues to flunk. It's time for the players to grow up, buckle down and change the culture. What's interesting is that players have said that practices often don't go the way they expect and then you can't expect for good things to happen in a game if you don't practice well.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    This team has not been a consistent winner since Rich Gannon was QB. You would think that a change in culture would be welcomed, not fought. Maybe McDaniels could loosen up a bit. For some reason this feels like students rebelling against a tough teacher trying to teach when every single one of the students was flunking and continues to flunk. It's time for the players to grow up, buckle down and change the culture. What's interesting is that players have said that practices often don't go the way they expect and then you can't expect for good things to happen in a game if you don't practice well.
    I personally think you are correct there. Younger players seem to have the me first mentality and think everything should be the way they want it. They lack true discipline and have no respect for authority.
    on to Carr. He does not play well when he is not comfortable. He is not feeling the new system or line. He is playing scared. You can go back and watch every single game he has played since getting hurt and its the same thing. He buckles to easy. My opinion, all those game winning drives are not because of him. He got bailed out a lot on great catches or a field goal.
    I will say this... Carr said he is doing what he is told, going with the WR that the play is designed for. Basically saying McDaniel told him who to throw too. If you watch tape, you can actually see that. I dont know. we are in a bad spot. I will never route against anyone on our team, but at some point the rubber has to meet the road. He has not been getting it done.
    I also think that if he goes, it tears the team even further apart. McDaniel should not be allowed to dismantle the roster like he did in Denver.