Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Enigma that is Derek Carr

This weekend's game IS NOT the game to be a must-win game, but I think it is a must-win if we have any shot at recovering from an 0-3 start. I just don't see things getting better if we are 1-4 after this weekend. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Yeah Jacob is playing for a contract and if he
    put up a good season like get 1000 yards and
    such, then he going to get a big contract elsewhere….
    Funny how we still use 1000 yards as a very good season, but with now 17 games its only 58.8 yards per game.

To beat KC all of the above plus the defense needs to get a few turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Funny how we still use 1000 yards as a very good season, but with now 17 games its only 58.8 yards per game.

To beat KC all of the above plus the defense needs to get a few turnovers.
    Yeah that true but I think Jacob will miss a few games due to small injuries...

I remember when OJ ran 2000 yards in one season and it was back in 14 game season...till this day I don't anybody broke his record...I know 2000 yards has been broken but playing 16 game seasons if you know what I mean...

On one bright note, I have moved Carr ahead of Wilson in the AFC West QB rankings. Wilson does not look like the guy from Seattle.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    On one bright note, I have moved Carr ahead of Wilson in the AFC West QB rankings. Wilson does not look like the guy from Seattle.
    That’s for sure, he don’t look the same, he reminds of Carr in a way, looking only at one receiver, throwing the ball up for grabs, Wilson got his money, he happy, hope Wilson keeps playing bad, be good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    This weekend's game IS NOT the game to be a must-win game, but I think it is a must-win if we have any shot at recovering from an 0-3 start. I just don't see things getting better if we are 1-4 after this weekend. Thoughts?
    Sitting on the bye at 1-4.....sucks. But schedule wise, the next 4 out the gate, Houston, at NO, at Jax(I think McDaniels is keeping us on the East coast after the Jax game) and Indy....are all winnable ones.

Carr needs to use his legs to keep the chains moving if need be. That will be a big difference and that will have their defense worried about another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Sitting on the bye at 1-4.....sucks. But schedule wise, the next 4 out the gate, Houston, at NO, at Jax(I think McDaniels is keeping us on the East coast after the Jax game) and Indy....are all winnable ones.
    I wouldn't be too sure about the Jaguar game... the Jags are a really good young team with an aggressive Defense, Trevor Lawrence is getting better and better each game and Doug Pedersen is a hell of a coach. Before the season started I would say pencil us in for the win. Now, I'm not so sure. But if this team can get rolling and build that confidence going into the Bye week with a W over the Chiefs, then that will set the tone for the rest of our season... and when /if that happens, there isn't a team in the league that I would say the Raiders can't beat... but will that happen? We shall see starting Monday night.
    By the way, I will be at the Jaguar game (since I live in Jacksonville). Taking my parents, who are Jags fans, and my wife (who is a Raider fan). It's going to be a closer game than originally thought. Hope I'm wrong and the Raiders decimate them.. but anyone who has watched the Jags this year knows that the Jags are very good young team..

Yea he looks rough. That finger is clearly affecting him still. Weren't there people on here who said we needed to do everything in our power to go after him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Yea he looks rough. That finger is clearly affecting him still. Weren't there people on here who said we needed to do everything in our power to go after him?

Yes they were. Denver is choking on 245 million right now. Fans even left the game as it was entering overtime Thursday night. Donkeyhater even had multiple orgasms.