Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raiders In No Hurry To Hire

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Mark Davis, better not screw this up, we need to start winning, since he taken over as owner, only two winning season.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Multiple reports say Jim Harbaugh will likely take the Raiders HC job if offered. It seems like Harbaugh is holding on to the Michigan job as a plan B while he waits to see what offers he gets from the NFL.
    In the meantime, the current Raiders staff is hanging while Mark Davis figures out what he is going to do. Too many teams need coaches. The dominos have to fall soon.
    Mark a doof, running a NFL franchise, he will try and resign Gruden to a 20 year deal.

Maybe we already have a HC and it Biscarria for this season; right now maybe Mark is working on getting a GM first.....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Maybe we already have a HC and it Biscarria for this season; right now maybe Mark is working on getting a GM first.....
    I don’t know why we are interviewing coaches, should hire a GM and let him hire a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    I don’t know why we are interviewing coaches, should hire a GM and let him hire a coach.
    I think that might be the plan; but think about it if we miss out on any HC this season; we already have a backup plan....so for this season only maybe raiders should stay with what we got until get GM in place and then work on a HC....

I know there the Harbaugh issue; but I think he just want Michigan to give him a bigger contract....and he using the raiders as a tool to get him what he want....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I think that might be the plan; but think about it if we miss out on any HC this season; we already have a backup plan....so for this season only maybe raiders should stay with what we got until get GM in place and then work on a HC....

I know there the Harbaugh issue; but I think he just want Michigan to give him a bigger contract....and he using the raiders as a tool to get him what he want....
    Maybe Mark, might not trust a GM , to hire a coach, last time he did that, he got Dennis Allen.

Im hoping that he hires Dodds. He can then help on the coach decision
    Last edited by Vioraider; 01-25-2022 at 07:23 AM.

last thing i wanna see is all the good one go to other teams leaving us with trash and then us hiring the trash cause we are stuck

Sounds like it'll be Ziegler and McDaniel (maybe Mayo but doubtful) OR Dodds/Harbaugh. Looks like the Raiders have moved their GM search ahead of their coaching search. Seems as if the Raiders process is "rather than looking at individual guys, they're looking at models to build around a coach."

Sean Payton just stepped away from the saints.