Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analyzing Raider losses

Analyzing Raider losses

Here are our losses, with the number of points we scored and the ranking of the other team's defense in terms of yards allowed per game:

Bears - 9 points
    Defense ranked 9th

Chargers - 14 points
    Defense ranked 16th

Giants - 16 points
    Defense ranked 24th

KC - 14 points
    Defense ranked 26th

Cincinnati - 13 points
    Defense ranked 15th

Washington - 15 points
    Defense ranked 18th

So, in our 6 losses, our offense scored a grand total of 81 points. That's an average of a whopping 13.5 points per game in a passing league that protects quarterbacks and has become pretty much a flag football league in terms of the passing game. Are you kidding me?

Our defense is currently ranked 19th in the league in terms of yards allowed per game.

Carr apologists keep saying how this is a team game and all of these losses are not on the shoulders of Carr. That's true. But if this is a team game, how much better would our defense have been if our offense had kept the other teams off the field in these six losses, taking away 10 or so offensive plays for the other team per game by keeping our offense on the field? Easily, with a more consistent offense, our defense would have given up 30 fewer yards per game, which would put our defense in the top 10 in the league. Yes, a top 10 defense!

Yes, it is a team game. An offense that isn't consistent does not help the defense.

Our defense is keeping us in games. Our offense, with Carr at the helm, is killing our chances at ever making the playoffs.

And for those who say that Carr doesn't have weapons, do you realize that our top receiver yesterday, Hunter Renfrow, had more receiving yards than the top two Washington receivers combined?

The problem isn't weapons, the problem is Carr doesn't see open receivers, rarely extends plays with his legs, isn't willing to wait that extra half second to allow passes down the field to open up, and just plays scared. He is not a winner. Even other teams say that Carr plays scared. They know. We know.

It's time for Carr to be benched.
    Last edited by raiderman41; 12-06-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Good points. Hate to say it, but you are right.
    Im not looking forward to blowing this thing up again but really no other choice. It sucks. But cant sit here in lower level mediocrity for the next 5 years either

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    Here are our losses, with the number of points we scored and the ranking of the other team's defense in terms of yards allowed per game:

Bears - 9 points
    Defense ranked 9th

Chargers - 14 points
    Defense ranked 16th

Giants - 16 points
    Defense ranked 24th

KC - 14 points
    Defense ranked 26th

Cincinnati - 13 points
    Defense ranked 15th

Washington - 15 points
    Defense ranked 18th

So, in our 6 losses, our offense scored a grand total of 81 points. That's an average of a whopping 13.5 points per game in a passing league that protects quarterbacks and has become pretty much a flag football league in terms of the passing game. Are you kidding me?

Our defense is currently ranked 19th in the league in terms of yards allowed per game.

Carr apologists keep saying how this is a team game and all of these losses are not on the shoulders of Carr. That's true. But if this is a team game, how much better would our defense have been if our offense had kept the other teams off the field in these six losses, taking away 10 or so offensive plays for the other team per game by keeping our offense on the field? Easily, with a more consistent offense, our defense would have given up 30 fewer yards per game, which would put our defense in the top 10 in the league. Yes, a top 10 defense!

Yes, it is a team game. An offense that isn't consistent does not help the defense.

Our defense is keeping us in games. Our offense, with Carr at the helm, is killing our chances at ever making the playoffs.

And for those who say that Carr doesn't have weapons, do you realize that our top receiver yesterday, Hunter Renfrow, had more receiving yards than the top two Washington receivers combined?

The problem isn't weapons, the problem is Carr doesn't see open receivers, rarely extends plays with his legs, isn't willing to wait that extra half second to allow passes down the field to open up, and just plays scared. He is not a winner. Even other teams say that Carr plays scared. They know. We know.

It's time for Carr to be benched.
    Watch Mark Davis extend Carr, for another four years, after this season, that be are luck.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Im not looking forward to blowing this thing up again but really no other choice. It sucks. But cant sit here in lower level mediocrity for the next 5 years either
    But you know, probably will happen, another five years of crap.

Well I hope Mark Davis does not extend Carr contract for another 4 or 5 years; we really need a new QB to take over and I am talking about drafting one instead....

Right now the Raiders need a GM to take over from Mark Davis and sort this team out....Mark need to sit way in the back and just sign the cheques...

I know Mayock is GM in name only; but does he have any real power; or does he have to run it by Mark first...

The way things look in Raiderland right now; we just gotta blow the team up again and start all over again....

One point I like to make; Miller, Simpson, James, Leatherwood and Parker coming back in 2022 would be great as the line has had one year together....not saying the line great right now; but nobody over the age of 26 (I think)...maybe draft a RT would be a good idea...

Didn’t bother to read this one. Don’t need to. Everything that’s wrong with this team starts and ends with Derrick Carr.

I'm not either, and I don't think we need to blow the whole thing up.

It's clear we have some players and we need to draft more and add some free agents.

What I hope is that we get a legitimate GM, even if we have to pay him more than anyone else in the league. And we add a coach who is more creative offensively.

In today's NFL, it's ridiculous to think that we only scored 81 points in 6 losses. People wonder why we're sitting at 6-6 instead of 8-4 or even 9-3. There's the reason -- our offense has regressed.

I think our offensive line can be a good one, especially if we get Goode back next year and these young players continue to develop. Miller is a stud at left tackle, probably the most athletic left tackle in the league. Simpson will be better and stronger next year, James will continue to develop and even Leatherwood will be better as a second year player.

At WR, we have Renfro and Edwards and Jackson is a difference maker. We need more. At TE, we have two good ones in Waller and Moreau.

At RB, Drake is a keeper, and I'm not sold on Jacobs right now. He's injured too often and seems to have regressed from his rookie year. Why spend a first rounder on a running back anyway when you can pick a good one up in the later rounds.

On defense, Crosby and Ngakoue are definitely keepers and our defensive line has improved. We will need a big, run stuffing, penetrating defensive tackle and our linebackers, when not hurt, are playing well.

In the secondary, Abrams is a liability in coverage but solid in the run game. Unfortunately, the NFL is a passing league, which means teams can take advantage of Abrams. Moehrig will be better as a second year player and the game will slow down for him. I can see him being our free safety for years to come.

It comes down to a simple question, "What to do with Carr?"

Carr has some value, and we should trade him. If we can add another first rounder, draft a quarterback to develop for a year behind a solid veteran, we not only free up some cap space for free agents, but we give this team hope. This team needs some hope right now. Shit, fans need some hope right now.

I just can't see the Raiders going into 2023 with Carr at the helm. He is not a winner. If we've lost faith in him, you know the players around him have, too.

Yes, a rebuild is necessary, but it's not a complete rebuild. With the right coach, this team could be 11-6 next year and complete for the division title. Keeping Carr we will be right where we are right now -- mediocre and looking at yet another "Next year!"

I, for one, would rather see the Raiders take a chance at chance than to ensure mediocrity with Carr. Quarterbacks coming out of college today are so much better prepared for the NFL than in year's past. While 20 or 30 years ago, college quarterbacks rarely passed and had to be groomed for the job in the NFL, colleges today are actually more innovative offensively than NFL teams, putting their quarterbacks much better prepared for the NFL game than ever before.

Speaking of passing, Brady and the Bucs pretty much pass on every play. I know Carr isn't Brady, but I would like to see what would happen. Those 1st down, 1 and 2 yarders are not cutting it. Go deep more often and mix in Mariota especially short 3rd and conversions. We are 6-6 , put it all on the table balls to the walls.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 12-07-2021 at 04:15 AM.

we don't need to blow it all up again,just retool, replace carr,basaccia,olson and mayock and add aaron rodgers/wilson or watson and josh mcdaniels as hc team has great bones on our defense and the offensive side has a few pieces but needs additions on the oline and at wr and rb

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Speaking of passing, Brady and the Bucs pretty much pass on every play. I know Carr isn't Brady, but I would like to see what would happen. Those 1st down, 1 and 2 yarders are not cutting it. Go deep more often and mix in Mariota especially short 3rd and conversions. We are 6-6 , put it all on the table balls to the walls.
    pitt/steelers is doing exactly that "fast pace/pass happy" there oline is as bad as our oline and their stud rb is getting murdered behind the line similar to us