Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kenyan Drake Out Season

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Posts
    6,365
    Looks like its down to Jacobs and I don't see him getting through the rest of the season without missing time. Not that it matters. Our line can't create holes and backs make first contact with the defense behind the line of scrimmage.

  3. #3
    another great signing for mike mayock, we paid him like a starter for 2 yrs and yr 1 we barely played him !!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    another great signing for mike mayock, we paid him like a starter for 2 yrs and yr 1 we barely played him !!!
    Yup, paid 3 mill this year. 5.5 guaranteed next year, plus 2.5 in base salary, making him an 8 million hit if we keep him, if not 5.5 dead.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    another great signing for mike mayock, we paid him like a starter for 2 yrs and yr 1 we barely played him !!!
    That was all Jon Gruden! All he did was sign flashy players.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateHunter View Post
    That was all Jon Gruden! All he did was sign flashy players.
    if this was on grudens guy don't you think he would have found a way to get his butt on the field ??? i think jon gruden gets way too much blame on free agent signing, mike mayock has been screwing up thru the draft and free agency for multiple yrs now

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    2,805
    Gruden did have a lot of say in how the Raiders were run and he could over-ride anybody on the team; even Mark Davis...but I am not really sure if Gruden had that many input on signing players; I think this was on Mayock on signing Drake...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Gruden did have a lot of say in how the Raiders were run and he could over-ride anybody on the team; even Mark Davis...but I am not really sure if Gruden had that much input on signing players; I think this was on Mayock on signing Drake...
    It's way too convenient to put it all on Gruden when mayock was gm and at 49% of power but gruden was in charge of a lot of things with the club and I'm sure he let his guys do all the homework and then make their cases where he said yes or no, I bet Gruden very rarely second-guessed Mike Mayock on the draft or on signing

  9. #9
    Drake made his money in a spread offense, that took advantage of defensive pre snap mistakes. We on the other hand, the only pre snap thing Carr can do is end of quarters he'll rush to the line with the intention of not snapping the ball...trying to draw an offsides. We're lined up running power, 8 in the box? Someone was not watching film? There was talk that he'd line up outside as a WR....which draws comparisons to the Lynn Bowden pick....the skillset I can see....but we just puked it up on deploying it. You bring Drake in there with a Moreau, defense goes with a dime package....Moreau becomes the U-Back in a power run.....defense is in the base 4-3.....you spread it out, option of Drake in the backfield or lined up outside.....we just lack the smarts on offense....getting a guy like Rodgers would have given us an advantage he calling 2 types of plays with a player grouping. We have Jacobs a power back....great we're a power running team, because our line is built to push the defense back....then you bring in Drake.....it doesn't work. Whoever is making the pick....ain't working together with the other. Again you look at the Patriots....they draft guys that fit like a glove.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Drake made his money in a spread offense, that took advantage of defensive pre snap mistakes. We on the other hand, the only pre snap thing Carr can do is end of quarters he'll rush to the line with the intention of not snapping the ball...trying to draw an offsides. We're lined up running power, 8 in the box? Someone was not watching film? There was talk that he'd line up outside as a WR....which draws comparisons to the Lynn Bowden pick....the skillset I can see....but we just puked it up on deploying it. You bring Drake in there with a Moreau, defense goes with a dime package....Moreau becomes the U-Back in a power run.....defense is in the base 4-3.....you spread it out, option of Drake in the backfield or lined up outside.....we just lack the smarts on offense....getting a guy like Rodgers would have given us an advantage he calling 2 types of plays with a player grouping. We have Jacobs a power back....great we're a power running team, because our line is built to push the defense back....then you bring in Drake.....it doesn't work. Whoever is making the pick....ain't working together with the other. Again you look at the Patriots....they draft guys that fit like a glove.
    this is exactly why I think this was a mayock signing if gruden was the guy he would have found a way to get him on the field but he didn't, leaving drake sitting wasting time, once gruden was gone drake got on the field

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •