Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to start Mariota

Quote Originally Posted by Hungary87 View Post
    I'm not big fan of Carr, but right now he's the best QB on this team and is probably among the top 15-20 QBs in the NFL. Yesterday he was not the problem. His pocket awareness was better than I've seen in the past. He's playing without his top receiver and he has little deep threat. The offensive line is weak, the running game has been anemic all year.
    with a weak offensive line you need a mobile QB to make time or you design rollouts to make time to throw,Marcus mariota is mobile, derek carr is not

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'd be happy if they would use Mariota on 25% of the snaps. When they brought him in with Derek the defense looked confused. And why he isn't used in short yardage and 2 point conversion drives me mad.
    raiders r stupid for wasting marcus's talent (mobile)

We will have a new HC next season and I doubt Mariota will be on the team. So, does it really matter?

Because

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    We will have a new HC next season and I doubt Mariota will be on the team. So, does it really matter?
    We try to win. Playing Mariota will let us know what we have and whether or not this team will respond to him at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I don't know; Mark Davis did not put the right guy in as HC...after Gruden resigned; Davis should have put Bradley in as HC...the thing is Biscaria was just a special team coach and he really is in over his head; nothing we can do about it now as we will be getting a new HC in the off-season...
    He put the in as HC that would be the easiest replaced at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Hungary87 View Post
    I'm not big fan of Carr, but right now he's the best QB on this team and is probably among the top 15-20 QBs in the NFL. Yesterday he was not the problem. His pocket awareness was better than I've seen in the past. He's playing without his top receiver and he has little deep threat. The offensive line is weak, the running game has been anemic all year.
    Carr is an average QB he needs somebody smart in his ear at all times to point out what he is doing wrong. His value is at an all-time high the Raiders should trade him while the going is good. We can't win with him.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    Carr is an average QB he needs somebody smart in his ear at all times to point out what he is doing wrong. His value is at an all-time high the Raiders should trade him while the going is good. We can't win with him.
    best of all is their is a shitload of teams needing a QB nyg,seattle maybe,green bay,pitt,denver,Chicago,texans,maybe minny too and detroit the draft is a crap shoot "carr is proven top 10 QB"

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    with a weak offensive line you need a mobile QB to make time or you design rollouts to make time to throw,Marcus mariota is mobile, derek carr is not
    The extra second or two that Mariota can guy with his feet can result in HUGE plays. You see it. I see it. I can't figure out why our coaches can't see it.

Are they so enamored with Carr that they don't want to hurt his feelings?

With Carr starting, we have lost 6 of our last 9 games. I don't see this changing anytime soon. We're 6-6.

The Raiders have benched quarterbacks who put up decent numbers before to give our team a spark and to give our team a chance of actually winning.

Lamonica was benched for Blanda and Stabler.
    Marc Wilson was benched for Plunkett.

It's time for a change.

My prediction is that if we don't, the Raiders might win against KC this weekend, putting us at 7-6, giving fans hope and silencing the Carr doubters for one week. (How many years have we seen it?) Then the Raiders and Carr revert to mediocre play, losing two in a row, essentially taking us completely out of the playoff picture with only a slim chance.

I hate to be a downer, but I've seen this time and time again with Carr. The only thing consistent about his play is that he lays an egg when we start getting close to making the playoffs -- or after a big win.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderman41 View Post
    The extra second or two that Mariota can guy with his feet can result in HUGE plays. You see it. I see it. I can't figure out why our coaches can't see it.

Are they so enamored with Carr that they don't want to hurt his feelings?

With Carr starting, we have lost 6 of our last 9 games. I don't see this changing anytime soon. We're 6-6.

The Raiders have benched quarterbacks who put up decent numbers before to give our team a spark and to give our team a chance of actually winning.

Lamonica was benched for Blanda and Stabler.
    Marc Wilson was benched for Plunkett.

It's time for a change.

My prediction is that if we don't, the Raiders might win against KC this weekend, putting us at 7-6, giving fans hope and silencing the Carr doubters for one week. (How many years have we seen it?) Then the Raiders and Carr revert to mediocre play, losing two in a row, essentially taking us completely out of the playoff picture with only a slim chance.

I hate to be a downer, but I've seen this time and time again with Carr. The only thing consistent about his play is that he lays an egg when we start getting close to making the playoffs -- or after a big win.
    not a QB you can count on to elevate a team when things are not working according to plan

Quote Originally Posted by Pawneee View Post
    He put the in as HC that would be the easiest replaced at the end of the season
    Yeah I understand that; but if you had a chance
    to win more games and make the playoffs you
    would put in the best guy to succeed Jon Gruden;
    this really fall on Mark Davis as the owner running
    this team; why didn’t Davis make himself HC for rest
    of the season