Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders/Cowboys had Biggest TV ratings since 1990

Raiders/Cowboys had Biggest TV ratings since 1990

The Raiders vs Cowboys game was the most-watched regular-season game since 1990. CBS had an estimated 38.531 million viewers.
    The NFL does better when the Raiders are competitive and the Raiders and Cowboys have traditionally been the face of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Raiders vs Cowboys game was the most-watched regular-season game since 1990. CBS had an estimated 38.531 million viewers.
    The NFL does better when the Raiders are competitive and the Raiders and Cowboys have traditionally been the face of the NFL.
    the 2 biggest fanbases of all, they span worldwide so no surprise the rating were so big

Given the popularity of the league the past 10-15 years, you would have thought this record would have been set much more recent than over 30+ years ago. Since the league is fixed....you'd think given this, they'd want to make some effort to get us into the playoffs. Strike while the iron is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Given the popularity of the league the past 10-15 years, you would have thought this record would have been set much more recent than over 30+ years ago. Since the league is fixed....you'd think given this, they'd want to make some effort to get us into the playoffs. Strike while the iron is hot.
    raiders fanbase are very loyal, so losing for 20 yrs hardly even affects it,, I would guess the cowboys fanbase is the same

I'd attribute it to the Raiders being decently popular, the Cowboys being the most popular, and then everyone else wanting the Cowboys to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    I'd attribute it to the Raiders being decently popular, the Cowboys being the most popular, and then everyone else wanting the Cowboys to lose
    That's exactly what it is. Apparently the whole "America's Team" pisses everybody else off too haha

In the 70's we came so close to matching up with Dallas in the Superbowl, but for the scumbag Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    In the 70's we came so close to matching up with Dallas in the Superbowl, but for the scumbag Steelers.
    I was only about 10 years old at the time, but the Super Bowl we should have played the Cowboys in was the game Denver played them. Wasn't there another hose job by the refs in the AFC Championship game between us and Denver? Didn't Rob Lytle of Denver fumble on the goal line and we recovered it to win the game. But the officials didn't "see it", or some nonsense like that?

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post
    I was only about 10 years old at the time, but the Super Bowl we should have played the Cowboys in was the game Denver played them. Wasn't there another hose job by the refs in the AFC Championship game between us and Denver? Didn't Rob Lytle of Denver fumble on the goal line and we recovered it to win the game. But the officials didn't "see it", or some nonsense like that?
    True, 1977, Stabler would of been in another Superbowl. If there was replay we win. Orange crush got crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post
    YES !!! i was surrounded by denver fans when rob lytle fumbled clear as day and the raiders recovered, then the refs fvcked us...the raiders should have 2 more rings