Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Arnette is next......

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Exactly. I had Guice really high as well and when all that came out I was like WTF? You really never know. Then at the same time, people are going to be pissed when you do go with a high character guy like Ferrell and he doesnt pan out.

I am just tired of it always being us. I do say us because i am way to invested in the Raiders. haha!
    Another LSU guy Cecil Collins. All I heard was the diesel is coming to LSU. HE was talked like he was a god and better then Faulk. One of the best backs i've seen. He was a mini earl campbell. Look at the 3 or 4 games he played at LSU. Fucking stud. He was third string and Collins was starting his first game. I was on break and I bet heavy on the game. Told my friends load up this guy who is playing for faulk is a fucking beast. Kevin Faulk was hurt, my friends were calling me up saying they were betting on the other team. I said don't, this guys better then faulk who's playing tonight. Faulk was a 1st team all american. They thought I was insane. We won a lot of money that game.
    He was breaking in to chicks rooms and assaulting them. He would get get arrested then charges would disappear. He got kicked out of school and said he was sleepwalking to NFL team or whoever would listen. They were talking about drafting him in the first round. HE gets drafting in the 6th I think by the Dolphins. Multiple incidents with the Dolphins and same story. Same behavior, now he's sitting in jail for the same shit he was doing at LSU. Think he got 15 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6mpmox6gx8&t=279s
    Last edited by psly2124; 11-08-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Another LSU guy Cecil Collins. All I heard was the diesel is coming to LSU. HE was talked like he was a god and better then Faulk. One of the best backs i've seen. He was a mini earl campbell. Look at the 3 or 4 games he played at LSU. Fucking stud. He was third string and Collins was starting his first game. I was on break and I bet heavy on the game. Told my friends load up this guy who is playing for faulk is a fucking beast. Kevin Faulk was hurt, my friends were calling me up saying they were betting on the other team. I said don't, this guys better then faulk who's playing tonight. Faulk was a 1st team all american. They thought I was insane. We won a lot of money that game.
    He was breaking in to chicks rooms and assaulting them. He would get get arrested then charges would disappear. He got kicked out of school and said he was sleepwalking to NFL team or whoever would listen. They were talking about drafting him in the first round. HE gets drafting in the 6th I think by the Dolphins. Multiple incidents with the Dolphins and same story. Same behavior, now he's sitting in jail for the same shit he was doing at LSU. Think he got 15 years.
    just sad. I can tell you that at least at U of I, there is no accountability for these kids. they walk around like gods and do what they want, then get bailed out. they dont learn shit except someone will be there to bail them out, until they are not and then they rot like the dude you were talking about.

When you have players with guaranteed contacts it isn't so easy to release the player and the cap money is saved. I'm sure they have a process because the NFLPA will fight to save that money for the player. Its their job. I'm sure sometimes a settlement could be reached but all that takes time. Especially players in the 2nd year on a guaranteed 4 year deal.
    True I forgot about the nflpa aspect

Mayock just came out and said they spent significant amount of money on his background. More than they ever spent on player. I've supported Mayock in the past. He came right out and said he knew about the red flags and chose him anyway. I understand a lot of first round picks don't work out. Some just don't have it. But when you can avoid a player with red flags and choose him anyway. Thats on him, he took total blame. And now you need to go Mayock. This was the last straw. Just like the players who fuck up are held accountable, you as a GM that allowed this shit show to go on with Arnette, Ruggs, Bowden AB and some of the terrible FA's. You are in over your head. You are not an NFL GM, maybe you can be a good scout. You were likable on TV. Time to move on.
    At some point, you have to make a judgment call. Looks like nearly all of them who come out have one thing or other in their background. I would like to give another chance to Mayock who can function as a GM without Gruden looking over his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    just sad. I can tell you that at least at U of I, there is no accountability for these kids. they walk around like gods and do what they want, then get bailed out. they dont learn shit except someone will be there to bail them out, until they are not and then they rot like the dude you were talking about.
    No accountability. And Illinois doesn't even a good football program. The better the program the more they cover for these kids. Looks at UF and Ohio State under Urban Meyer. If you have a big time coach they hide shit. Drug testing is a joke. They tell kids when they are getting tested.
    I have a friend that was an all american wrestler, not even a top sport. He brought attention to the school and helped recruit better wrestlers. He was showing up to matches coked out of this mind. Not show up for class for a whole year. As long as he made weight and wrestled all was taken care of. Coaches, teammates AD all knew what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Dont forget about Bowden either. The best part is Gruden and Mayock spewed that shit about drafting "football" players. Remember? Guys that LOVED playing football.
    Well now, our 1st 3 picks in the 2020 NFL Draft were
    RUGGS
    ARNETTE
    BOWDEN

Wow. Who would have thought that Bowden outlasted Ruggs and Arnette... im sure if the Raiders held onto Bowden in Vegas, the kid probably wouldnt even be alive today.
    Oh so now you think Al was right. He would draft the fastest or the strongest guy and let football skills be damned. How easily do we forget James Jett, James Trapp, Darius Heward Bey, Jerry Porter, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    At some point, you have to make a judgment call. Looks like nearly all of them who come out have one thing or other in their background. I would like to give another chance to Mayock who can function as a GM without Gruden looking over his shoulders.
    Mayock should be on a very short leash. Maybe not get fired immediate like I said in another post. But if this team doesn't make the playoffs. He needs to go. If they make the playoffs, I can come up with reason to give him another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    Oh so now you think Al was right. He would draft the fastest or the strongest guy and let football skills be damned. How easily do we forget James Jett, James Trapp, Darius Heward Bey, Jerry Porter, etc.

Al was a size speed guy. Football skills mattered, he knew football. Al's fault is he would fall in love with a guy and think he could turn an average football player into a star. He liked track guys that could get deep at receiver. He also didn't like trading down in the first round. I don't think he ever did it.

No accountability. And Illinois doesn't even a good football program. The better the program the more they cover for these kids. Looks at UF and Ohio State under Urban Meyer. If you have a big time coach they hide shit. Drug testing is a joke. They tell kids when they are getting tested.
    I have a friend that was an all american wrestler, not even a top sport. He brought attention to the school and helped recruit better wrestlers. He was showing up to matches coked out of this mind. Not show up for class for a whole year. As long as he made weight and wrestled all was taken care of. Coaches, teammates AD all knew what was going on.
    Oh ya. I cant even imagine if IL was good. haha! I have a ton of stories from my younger years, but nobody cares about that. What i will say is you are exactly right. SO much is covered up. Hell, one of the biggest names in basketball back in the day was also the biggest drug dealer. Went on to play in the NBA.... again, no accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1992 View Post
    True I forgot about the nflpa aspect
    He's already 3.6 dead money on the 2022 cap, Ruggs was a bit over 4....that's dead money, would guess the only way that would change is if the Raiders sued for some of the signing bonus money.