Thread: First Casey Hayward Now The Raiders Seem To Uncovered Another Gem At Cornerback

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

First Casey Hayward Now The Raiders Seem To Uncovered Another Gem At Cornerback

I thought he meant Hobbs...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I thought he meant Hobbs...
    The real star of the defensive resurgence is Gus Bradley. We have had all kinds of talented players in Raiders defense but none panned out. We blamed it on the players when it was the scheme run by the DC that was found wanting. After Willie Shaw in 1998-99, I see a defensive coordinator who has faith in his ability & knows which players fit his scheme. Also, thank God that Mark Davis is the owner & he lets coaches coach. Al Davis would have got involved & start tinkering with the defense

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    The real star of the defensive resurgence is Gus Bradley. We have had all kinds of talented players in Raiders defense but none panned out. We blamed it on the players when it was the scheme run by the DC that was found wanting. After Willie Shaw in 1998-99, I see a defensive coordinator who has faith in his ability & knows which players fit his scheme. Also, thank God that Mark Davis is the owner & he lets coaches coach. Al Davis would have got involved & start tinkering with the defense
    Another thought; maybe Mayock can do what he came to Las Vegas to do; in past he had to run everything pass Gruden before he proceed; this about Facyson

Facyson was a great find by Bradley. Don't think Arnette is seeing the field anytime soon when Mullen comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Facyson was a great find by Bradley. Don't think Arnette is seeing the field anytime soon when Mullen comes back.
    He had him with the Chargers, knows the system. Solid picks when you can pick up players who has experience in the system, a Perryman, he can coach up the linebackers as well as the DLine...he also had Darius Philon, Damion Square as well as Facyson and Heyward. These are not well known guys around the league outside of Heyward, cheap pickups, that can fill a tiny role.....who did we pick up for Guenther while he was here? Burfict? Guenther had no idea who fit his system.