Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacobs Clearly At Odds With Raiders On His Injury Status

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Jacobs Clearly At Odds With Raiders On His Injury Status

Whaaat? I dont get it...
    So basically this is stating the Raiders are making claims he is injured and pull him from game so they have leverage over him in future contract negotations? And bc they prefer Drake?
    Seems very far fetched...
    Or am I misinterpreting big time?

I’m betting he was pulled as a precaution to keep him healthy for the long haul and telling the media he was injured was just an explanation

I actually thought the Raiders should have pulled Carr out of the game against Philly at start of the 4th qtr....game was over and saving your QB health is very important...would hate to see Carr get season ending injurie with 2 minutes left in the game in which was won already

personally im not opposed tot he raiders not picking up josh jacobs option yr or trading him off for picks, we signed drake to starters type money and have peyton barber and Richard on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    personally im not opposed tot he raiders not picking up josh jacobs option yr or trading him off for picks, we signed drake to starters type money and have peyton barber and Richard on the roster
    Running backs are now disposable unless top tier and even then you should never over pay.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Whaaat? I dont get it...
    So basically this is stating the Raiders are making claims he is injured and pull him from game so they have leverage over him in future contract negotations? And bc they prefer Drake?
    Seems very far fetched...
    Or am I misinterpreting big time?
    He was hurt & the Raiders are not taking any risks because of their next three games and who they play. He is pissed because he didn't get all those carries that Kenyon got.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1992 View Post
    I’m betting he was pulled as a precaution to keep him healthy for the long haul and telling the media he was injured was just an explanation
    That makes the most sense to me. We're barely halfway through the season, a healthy and available Jacobs is key to our success.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    He was hurt & the Raiders are not taking any risks because of their next three games and who they play. He is pissed because he didn't get all those carries that Kenyon got.
    Kid's got to learn 5-10 more carries are not going to earn you 2-3 million more. He's pretty well established in the league as a bell cow back. Is he soft, hell no, you are not going to run him 30 times a game. But in the Eagle game we saw his value to the team as a whole, he does well, we do well. We got a bye, get to 100%, then kick the Giants ass.