Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Things We Learned From The Raiders Win Over The Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    honestly I would go simpson over leatherwood the penalty machine
    818:Carr
    Psly:Ruggs
    Bass2000:Leatherwood

Let's all hope Leatherwood's light comes on and disproves his critics like the first two did. Bass, you're normally level-headed, I'm surprised you're so critical of a player after six total games.

we have the talent to be very dangerous on offense but gruden was old school and conservative holding the young talent back, I want ruggs to get 8 targets a game kids proven himself well this yr
    He's going to be a very good player and deep threat.

Edwards is the 3rd option on every play, but he comes up with some big catches when everyone else is covered. That one-hander was amazing. This is essentially his rookie year. Another year for Ruggs and Edwards to work on route-running is great. They can only get better. Last year we were saying if only we had an average Defense we'd be dangerous. This year, if only we had a middle of the road offensive line we'd have maybe only one loss on the season. The Chargers.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    we have the talent to be very dangerous on offense but gruden was old school and conservative holding the young talent back, I want ruggs to get 8 targets a game kids proven himself well this yr
    Only going get better, now that Gruden gone, the bye week should help too, maybe bring in some players.

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post

Let's all hope Leatherwood's light comes on and disproves his critics like the first two did. Bass, you're normally level-headed, I'm surprised you're so critical of a player after six total games.
    yeah and I have said I'm giving him a few yrs before calling him a bust, I'm very critical of him because the kid is so fundamentally inept that he doesn't even understand basic level stuff like a proper stance for the position plus he is getting carr killed and also creating critical mistakes (penalties) at critical junctures of games, 3rd and short and he does the unthinkable (penalty) making it 3rd and long that could have been the type of mistake that killed us in a loss,I don't hate the kid but I hated that we took him rd 1 (value) then watching him play has been enraging

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRaider View Post

Gotta give Leatherwood time; I heard he was
    a LT in college

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Edwards is the 3rd option on every play, but he comes up with some big catches when everyone else is covered. That one-hander was amazing. This is essentially his rookie year. Another year for Ruggs and Edwards to work on route-running is great. They can only get better. Last year we were saying if only we had an average Defense we'd be dangerous. This year, if only we had a middle of the road offensive line we'd have maybe only one loss on the season. The Chargers.
    Agreed, they are learning to extend routes, moving when Carr is moving. Watching a Renfrow work to get open, helps them learn to keep moving after the route.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Gotta give Leatherwood time; I heard he was
    a LT in college
    Yep, Miller did not get it until Year 2. His glaring mistakes are mental, false starts, just getting use to working with Carr. Short yardage has been a huge issue with him, getting jumpy when the defense is shifting around. It's mental mistakes that can be cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Yep, Miller did not get it until Year 2. His glaring mistakes are mental, false starts, just getting use to working with Carr. Short yardage has been a huge issue with him, getting jumpy when the defense is shifting around. It's mental mistakes that can be cleaned up.
    KOLTON MILLER played very well until he got injured and then got worse playing injured,leatherwood has started like shit and gotten worse so far, what pisses me off is he isn't even technically sound instead of being balanced he lines up front-loaded and off-balance making it easy to get around him as he is falling forward