Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY TimesArticle about Grudens emails

NY TimesArticle about Grudens emails

All of these probably will force Mark to make a decision here. Gruden is most likely gone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/s...mid=tw-nytimes

This is so ridiculous…Let those that have not sinned be the first to cast a stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanez8898 View Post
    This is so ridiculous…Let those that have not sinned be the first to cast a stone.
    Why ridiculous?

If Gruden gets fired over this bullshit. I will no longer be a Raiders fan. If we finish the seasons and are 6-11 and he's fired I wouldn't like it. But I would understand it. I will become a Bengal fan because of the Burrow Chase LSU connection. And a fan of whoever plays the Raiders. I'm sick and tired of this woke bullshit. It has gotten out of control.
    I cannot be a fan of an organization that gets bullied and caves to the left. You either stand up to the mob or get run over by it. First they come after Gruden then they will come after bowl cut. You've known a man for over 20 years and if you cannot stand by his Gruden's side and support him. Then you run a coward organization and I hope the league takes the team from you and they will do it. It has happened in other sports.
    Last edited by psly2124; 10-11-2021 at 03:12 PM.

He just resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    If Gruden gets fired over this bullshit. I will no longer be a Raiders fan. If we finish the seasons and are 6-11 and he's fired I wouldn't like it. But I would understand it. I will become a Bengal fan because of the Burrow Chase LSU connection. And a fan of whoever plays the Raiders. I'm sick and tired of this woke bullshit. It has gotten out of control.
    I cannot be a fan of an organization that gets bullied and caves to the left. You either stand up to the mob or get run over by it. First they come after Gruden then they will come after bowl cut. You've known a man for over 20 years and if you cannot stand by his Gruden's side and support him. Then you run a coward organization and I hope the league takes the team from you and they will do it. It has happened in other sports.
    Well he resigned instead

If the article is true, Jon is gone. Too many references covering too many slurs.

I think he could have recovered from the first set of emails, but in this newest batch he seems to hit every demographic with slurs. It’s just too much and really I don’t see how he can possibly recover from this.

He’s out of football, off of TV, and neither him nor his family will be able to show their faces in public for a long time. It’s devastating.

Jon Gruden is out as Las Vegas Raiders head coach, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

Raiders owner Mark Davis arrived at the team's facility a couple of hours ago and went to find Gruden, a source told Schefter. The two men met, and Gruden no longer will be the Raiders' head coach, the source said.

The news comes in in the wake a New York Times report that Gruden used misogynistic and anti-gay language in numerous emails during a seven-year period

NFL Network was first to report Gruden's departure from the team.

The Gruden era is over. He will never coach again.