Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: josh jacobs and his future with the raiders

Quote Originally Posted by 76Raider View Post
    I dont think well be able to do it, and we shouldnt. Weve had the highest paid oline till this year. Hes just not elite no matter how much hes helped with this rebuild. If he was always healthy this would be harder, but hes not. I still feel it was a good pick. !000+ yards per season is good, but I feel were transitioning to more of a passing team. If he could take control of the game or was a truly elite RB we wouldnt even be talking about it. Unless hes willing to sign for less based on his market value in total yards I dont see it happening.
    As long as Gruden is the HC/OC, this offense will always rely on the run.. just the way Gruden is. Yes last week against Baltimore we abandoned the run because we were behind the entire game til we tied it up and ultimately won.
    Wouldve been a way different game had Mariota not got hurt on that beautiful 31 yard scamper.
    But once youre down 7 pts then 14 points going against Lamar Jackson, its time to get the ball downfield in a hurry. We werent going to make the game close running the ball while we are playing catchup, especially with an injured Josh Jacobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    As long as Gruden is the HC/OC, this offense will always rely on the run.. just the way Gruden is. Yes last week against Baltimore we abandoned the run because we were behind the entire game til we tied it up and ultimately won.
    Wouldve been a way different game had Mariota not got hurt on that beautiful 31 yard scamper.
    But once youre down 7 pts then 14 points going against Lamar Jackson, its time to get the ball downfield in a hurry. We werent going to make the game close running the ball while we are playing catchup, especially with an injured Josh Jacobs.
    even in that game vs the ravens we didn't go after em downfield intil late in the 4th, it was mostly short to med passes to waller/renfro/drake all game long, sometimes throwing into double and triple coverage (not smart) hell ruggs had 3 targets til the end and edwards 2 targets til the end

lets wait and see after next year but at this point i agree to sign him to the 5th year and let him walk after. he was my favorite player on the team and is incredibly talented... but RBs are just too exchangeable in this leak.

Well Drake is not the raiders future runningback as he did nothing in the Steelers game; he got great catching ability but his run game is just average

Can you imagine if we would have drafted Henry when we could have?

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    would have, could have we could go back 20 yrs and be shaking our heads badly

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Well Drake is not the raiders future runningback as he did nothing in the Steelers game; he got great catching ability but his run game is just average
    drake is just fine running and catching the ball, steelers very tough to run against, same for the ravens, running backs this yr after 2 games are dismal except for derrick henry, look at kamara yesterday running into a wall vs Carolina, look at cmc running 25+ times into a wall vs the saints and getting 75 yds

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Raiders are really crap at drafting players…
    Ferrell is starting to look like a really bad
    pick now; maybe he in the wrong system or
    need to play on another team; I don’t know

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Raiders are really crap at drafting players…
    Ferrell is starting to look like a really bad
    pick now; maybe he in the wrong system or
    need to play on another team; I don’t know
    Time to trade our future 1st round picks and turn them into multiple 2nd rd and 3rd rd picks.. OR take our future 1st rd picks and trade them for premier talent at positions of needed upgrade. A premier DT or 2 is sorely needed just as 2 premier offensive lineman. This team has the ability to make the Superbowl if we can sure up offensive line and interior of defensive line. If not now, when? This is our window... if i was Mayock and Gruden I would be calling every team in the NFL and find out what premier players are available at those two positions of need. Im sure there is an 0-2 team out there that knows they arent going anywhere this year and need to blow the thing up / build for the future... i guess the only concern on our end is do we have cap room? There is always a way to make cap room..
    In a long 17 game season, and with all of the injuries happening across the league, the team that is the most healthy down the stretch is going to be the team that has best chance to bring the Lombardi home.
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 09-21-2021 at 05:03 AM.

arnett and cle looking like cuts especially with darius philon,soloman thomas emerging at very good pass rushers and run stuffers,cle doesn't have enough bend or explosion for defensive end either