Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Jacobs OUT for Sunday vs. Pittsburgh

Josh Jacobs OUT for Sunday vs. Pittsburgh

"The Las Vegas Raiders will be without top running back Josh Jacobs Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Coach Jon Gruden said Friday the RB wouldn't play in Week 2 while dealing with toe and ankle injuries stemming from the Raiders' season-opening win.

Jacobs sat out practices this week.

The third-year back led the Raiders with 10 carries for 34 yards and two touchdowns in the 33-27 win on Monday night over Baltimore."

I'm not too upset. Let him rest, its a marathon not a sprint and we need him healthy for the long haul.

Agreed, Drake, as some has called RB1b.

One week in and Jacobs is hurt. The WTF are the Raiders doing signing drake crowd are eerily silent.

As Gruden announced Jacob was out for Sunday, he said he expects Ngakoue to play.
    Of the two, I'd rather have Ngakoue out there.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    One week in and Jacobs is hurt. The WTF are the Raiders doing signing drake crowd are eerily silent.
    3 down back (drake)

Jacobs has a hard time staying healthy. Better draft a RB next year.

Drake is more than capable of holding it down. Just think if we could get “Rocket” Richard back….lol

Wtf?

PEYTON BARBER
    RB, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
    Peyton Barber
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Raiders RB Peyton Barber is expected to "handle some of the lead back duties" in Week 2 against the Steelers.
    Kenyan Drake, the expected starter with Josh Jacobs (ankle) out, won't be stepping into the lead back role, according to Rapoport. This falls in line with coach Jon Gruden's comments, who talked up Barber at Friday's press conference. The Las Vegas Review-Journal expects Drake to lead the Raiders in Week 2 snaps, but Barber looks like the one-for-one replacement for Jacobs as the favorite for early down and red-zone work.

I’d rather have both backs, Barber and Drake, with Barber taking half the run snaps. We need Drake in the passing game and I’m looking for a similar offensive approach that we had with BAL. We will need JJ to get healthy. It’s along season.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    Wtf?

PEYTON BARBER
    RB, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
    Peyton Barber
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Raiders RB Peyton Barber is expected to "handle some of the lead back duties" in Week 2 against the Steelers.
    Kenyan Drake, the expected starter with Josh Jacobs (ankle) out, won't be stepping into the lead back role, according to Rapoport. This falls in line with coach Jon Gruden's comments, who talked up Barber at Friday's press conference. The Las Vegas Review-Journal expects Drake to lead the Raiders in Week 2 snaps, but Barber looks like the one-for-one replacement for Jacobs as the favorite for early down and red-zone work.
    That's messed up. I hope this is some kind of misdirection thing. I want Drake to handle most of the snaps, he has the ability to break some long runs the more times he carries the rock.