Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders: 3 key matchups vs. Steelers

Raiders: 3 key matchups vs. Steelers

Good read for the upcoming game....

<A downside to the Las Vegas Raiders opening the season on Monday Night Football is they don’t get much time to celebrate a big win. That’s especially true when Week Two features another extremely difficult matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It will likely take another full-team effort for the Raiders to come away with another big ‘W’, but winning the matchups below will go a long way toward accomplishing that goal.>

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...2-key-matchups

Lock of the Week: Steelers (-6.5, 49.5 o/u) over Raiders
    Sunday 1 p.m. ET, CBS

There's no break for Las Vegas, coming from home against Baltimore, having played deep into overtime on a short week, out to another AFC North power in Pittsburgh. The state of the Raiders' passing game with Derek Carr doesn't inspire it will handle the Steelers' aces in pass rush and coverage. The Steelers folded offensively against the Bills, but this will be a get-well game for their talented trio of wide receivers and a breakout opportunity for rookie first-round running back Najee Harris.

Pick: Steelers win 31-14 and cover the spread.

Fuck The Haters.
    Trump Won.

The Raiders gave Jackson fits, if they can bring Big Ben down when they reach him, we are in good shape.
    Must mix up the offense.
    Less mental errors.
    Protect Carr.

We are going to struggle on offense, Pittsburgh D is the best in football. Short week, injuries, travel to the east coast , a Monday night let down after a huge win. I will agree with Raiderjams post. I don't think the Raiders cover the spread this week. I think its a little closer. 27-20 Steelers.

Pittsburgh is beatable, the o-line isn't good. Thats why I don't think its a blowout.
    Last edited by psly2124; 09-17-2021 at 04:36 AM.

i think we can beat the squeelers 23-20 and start the season 2-0

Gonna take our Defense to wreak havoc on Big Ben, cause costly turnovers and a short field where the Raiders can put points on the board. To expect this offense against the Steelers D to go 80 yards for a score is a lot to ask. Dont get me wrong, its possible, but a bit skeptical with this young O-line going against their D-lineman. But you never know. Ive seen Carr lay duds against Defenses we expected him to crush and end up putting up a lot of yards and points against great Defensives... thats why we play the game.
    Had it not been traveling to the east coast on a short week, I would say the Raiders squeak out a win. But with the Raiders practicing very early in the AM in Vegas each week, this team may be more prepped for east coast games than years past. Anyone know when the Raiders plan on flying out to Pittsburgh?

Claypool is a matchup nightmare for us. Gonna need a safety to help out whichever CB is guarding him. If we can get to Ben early and often then we have a chance. We're also gonna need to throw the playbook at the Steelers' D. TJ Watt is gonna feast unless we get Leatherwood some help.

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    Claypool is a matchup nightmare for us. Gonna need a safety to help out whichever CB is guarding him. If we can get to Ben early and often then we have a chance. We're also gonna need to throw the playbook at the Steelers' D. TJ Watt is gonna feast unless we get Leatherwood some help.
    TJ Watt feasts on everyone, leatherwood will not stop him 1 on 1's. Leatherwood has very tough matchups for the next month and change. Watt, Bosa, Mack, Miller. That is some gauntlet. If he fails, we might kick him inside after the season and look for a RT next year. If he holds his own, we have a RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    Lock of the Week: Steelers (-6.5, 49.5 o/u) over Raiders
    Sunday 1 p.m. ET, CBS

There's no break for Las Vegas, coming from home against Baltimore, having played deep into overtime on a short week, out to another AFC North power in Pittsburgh. The state of the Raiders' passing game with Derek Carr doesn't inspire it will handle the Steelers' aces in pass rush and coverage. The Steelers folded offensively against the Bills, but this will be a get-well game for their talented trio of wide receivers and a breakout opportunity for rookie first-round running back Najee Harris.

Pick: Steelers win 31-14 and cover the spread.

Fuck The Haters.
    Didn’t they say Ravens were supposed
    to win

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    We are going to struggle on offense, Pittsburgh D is the best in football. Short week, injuries, travel to the east coast , a Monday night let down after a huge win. I will agree with Raiderjams post. I don't think the Raiders cover the spread this week. I think its a little closer. 27-20 Steelers.

Pittsburgh is beatable, the o-line isn't good. Thats why I don't think its a blowout.
    I dont like their Oline or Big Ben. I think we could have a good D showing despite the short week. I dont think Pittsburgh has a good offense this year and I think regardless of the outcome the media will be disappointed with Steelers offensive production vs the Raiders. Defensively, yeah I think they can cause problems especially with our own suspect oline and running game. The cards seem to be in their favor. short week for us after hard fought win in home opener, east coast early game, injuries, their home opener, and they look really good defensively.

This would be one of a few season defining wins if we can pull it out. The Raiders would leave the NFL medias talking heads speechless if they were to go in there and win. Ive heard nothing but easy Steelers win all week. One radio segment was talking Chiefs Ravens matchup, which quickly went to how the Ravens are going to be down 2 games to the Steelers after week two. Which prompted the host to mention the Steelers open at home with Las Vegas. Nothing else said. Its just assumed everybody already knows the Steelers are winning that game for sure. The rest of the segment was all Chiefs Ravens which of course they all expect the Chiefs to win.

This would seem to be a much bigger upset than beating the Ravens week one.