Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wentz Injured

Wentz Injured

Could Mayock be on the phone trying to trade Mariota to the Colts? Colts could be in a desperate situation with 2020 4th round QB Jacob Eason and Sam Ehlinger as his backup now. IF Eason isn't getting it done in practice over the next week, Colts maybe looking for a veteran that can step in if Wentz misses significant time.

Mariota would want to be paid more if he were the starter, which shouldn't be an issue. And if he plays well, he could set himself up for a decent payday when he's free agents.

Jacoby Brissett is most likely the player the Colts will be going after.

Not sure its worth it. The Colts and Raiders are in direct competition for the AFC playoffs. It would take a great deal.

I hope not, we need Mariota to keep Carr in check, without Mariota Carr might not run anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Could Mayock be on the phone trying to trade Mariota to the Colts? Colts could be in a desperate situation with 2020 4th round QB Jacob Eason and Sam Ehlinger as his backup now. IF Eason isn't getting it done in practice over the next week, Colts maybe looking for a veteran that can step in if Wentz misses significant time.

Mariota would want to be paid more if he were the starter, which shouldn't be an issue. And if he plays well, he could set himself up for a decent payday when he's free agents.

Jacoby Brissett is most likely the player the Colts will be going after.
    Thought Carr play a great season last year; was it because Mariota was ready to take his spot if things went wrong...! think Carr need to have somebody behind pushing him....

I rather keep Mariota as a backup; because if Carr went down due to an injurie or playing bad due to the new line, because Mariota would be better than a Johnny nobody

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Thought Carr play a great season last year; was it because Mariota was ready to take his spot if things went wrong...! think Carr need to have somebody behind pushing him....

I rather keep Mariota as a backup; because if Carr went down due to an injurie or playing bad due to the new line, because Mariota would be better than a Johnny nobody
    Carr's play had nothing to do with Marriota, it was knowing the offense.

Like Wentz, Carr can also get injured. I like having Mariota on the bench and ready to play.

im thinking jimmy g will get traded to the colts

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    im thinking jimmy g will get traded to the colts
    I think it might be Nick Folk

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Keep Mariota, great backup.

In the deal the Colts made for Wentz, the Eagles would get a second round pick instead of a first if he plays less than 75 percent of the their’ offensive snaps.
    It might work out better for the Colts if he missed some games early and came back to take them into the playoffs during the second half of the season.