Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carr Thinks Something Clicked with Ruggs

Carr Thinks Something Clicked with Ruggs

https://sports.yahoo.com/derek-carr-...124002194.html

Carr's comments in an interview with Vinny Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review:

“Man, he’s been impressive, the way he’s running routes. He’s being violent in his cuts. I think something clicked in his head. Just like with everybody, you play a season in the NFL,
    you go back and watch the tape and you’re like, ‘Wow, I know what it takes now.’ And you either do it or you don’t. And he’s showing already that he said, ‘Nah, I’m going to do it.’
    And it’s been so impressive.

“Even what he did last year, with no OTAs, was impressive. Maybe he didn’t have a breakout season, a 1,000-yard season or anything like that. But things he did for us in certain moments,
    it was impressive. So now he knows the offense, he knows the quarterback, he knows who’s around him, all those things. He’s working with me after practice. I’m very excited for Henry.
    Now he’s gotta go do it.”

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    When real bullets fly, that when will see if Ruggs is better this year, than last.

His routes just sucked last year.
    No lateral quickness, no suddenness etc.

Welp, from all the reports I’m hearing, things have changed with his body and actually using that lightning speed in his routes.
    Speed doesn’t mean a thing if you don’t use it in your cuts.

I’m sure all of RaiderNation is chomping at the bit to see real improvement, since we passed on some WR’s that showed out their rookie year.

Curious. If Gruden/Mayock could do it all again with what they know now.
    Who would they grab at WR with that pick?
    Who would you grab knowing what you know now after 2020?

Jeudy who is exciting, but those drops makes me think Cooper2.0
    Ceedee Lamb after that 900+ Yard 6 total TD year?
    Jefferson with the monster 1400 yd 7 TDs?
    Claypool? Big time TD threat. 900yds 11TDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post

Welp, from all the reports I’m hearing, things have changed with his body and actually using that lightning speed in his routes.

I’m sure all of RaiderNation is chomping at the bit to see real improvement, since we passed on some WR’s that showed out their rookie year.

Boy, you said it!

I personally wanted Jefferson but Lamb should have been the sure thing, safe pick for us. IMO!
    No freaking way it should have been Ruggs! Hell, draft any smaller speed guy for that purpose.

They would take either Jeudy or Jefferson. Both will have better careers than Ruggs will. I think Ruggs will improve but he isn't going to be the "guy." I'm not even sure he will emass over 1000 yards receiving on the year.

I have been working around college D1 athletes for 22 years and this is my opinion... Ruggs was entitled. These kids are given everything they want on campus and then he got use to just blowing by guys and never bothered to work on much else. Hell, he didn't have too. Hopefully he has now realized he can't do that anymore and put in the hard work to change. I don't know, if they would have just took Jefferson like I tried to tell them.....lol

I remember an article came out just before the draft about Jeudy and Lamb getting low scores on the Wonderlic test. Ruggs scores higher.

ill be happy with 850 yds 60 rec and 5 tds but I wanna see gruden design more plays for the kid too avg 3 targets a game was asinine

I was a CeeDee guy all the way. Bass nailed it before the draft with Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    ill be happy with 850 yds 60 rec and 5 tds but I wanna see gruden design more plays for the kid too avg 3 targets a game was asinine
    Last year you said he was a lock for 1000k. Now in year two 850. Midget is a joke. Edwards will outplay him, as well as every first and second round pick that was drafted after him.