Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arnette is already on his way out

They are not even in pads yet. Arnette will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    They are not even in pads yet. Arnette will be fine.
    Right? Like I'm sure there's some Keelan Doss type guys out there who look AWESOME in just a helmet yet won't make the team. Hayward knows Bradley's system and I'm sure he looks like an All Pro cause he isn't making as many mental errors as the other guys.

arnett need to mature having him play behind casey heyward will allow that to happen, no way is arnett done already he is on a rookie contract that is very favorable and on top of that we used a 1st rd pick on him, worse case is we trade him off yr4 for a 4th or 5th/package deal

ps I had arnett as a mid 2nd talent in the draft, our drafting has been horrible under mayock the guru in the early rds

When asked about the article he wrote on Arnette, the one linked in this thread, Vic Tafur said "I agree it’s too early and that he needs reps."

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    arnett need to mature having him play behind casey heyward will allow that to happen, no way is arnett done already he is on a rookie contract that is very favorable and on top of that we used a 1st rd pick on him, worse case is we trade him off yr4 for a 4th or 5th/package deal

ps I had arnett as a mid 2nd talent in the draft, our drafting has been horrible under mayock the guru in the early rds
    You have to give these players some time. As bad as Arnette was to Raiders fans, he had the best season of the first round corners. This while playing with a broken hand, COvid and two concussions.

As for Mayock and the draft. Its pretty simple on how they draft. The Raiders the past three years under Mayock, we have had gaping wholes on the roster. The first year we had no starting DE's, which was the biggest need. The roster was pathetic and basically every position was a need. In year two we had NO receivers on the outside. We drafted two. And this past year we needed a FS and OT. We can't take BPA, we take the highest rated player at the position of most need early. Also, teams don't trade down unless the player they like is traded. Contrary to popular belief on this board and Mel Kiper. You don't risk losing the player in the first round to pick up a 4th round pick.

Mayock's drafts have yet to produce in the W-L column. Also, drafting projects way too early and trading them/cutting them early is a bad sign. Mayock has to draft better for what this team is trying to do. So far, his 1st round performance has been dog shit terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Mayock's drafts have yet to produce in the W-L column. Also, drafting projects way too early and trading them/cutting them early is a bad sign. Mayock has to draft better for what this team is trying to do. So far, his 1st round performance has been dog shit terrible.
    Overdrafted the top end guys, Ferrell, Ruggs, Arnette, Muse, Bowden, getting absolutely no value with your picks.
    The only player playing above his draft spot....Crosby. Ruggs would have still been there at 20. No one out of their minds would have drafted Ruggs over Jeudy and Lamb. Arnette is a 2nd round talent. If you were in love, trade down, get some assets now or in future drafts.