Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Camp moved to 7:30 am Start because of Heat

Mini Camp moved to 7:30 am Start because of Heat

The Raiders had to move their mini-camp practice to a 7:30am start to beat the 118 degree heat. LOL, maybe it will help with those early East coast games later on.
    The climate controlled indoor facility is fine for the season, but too small for the current 90-man roster.

Now the Napa site makes sense.

I would not be surprised if they return to Napa next year.

The plan has been to go back to Napa all along. The pandemic put a dent into those plans and they are on hold. Mark wants to retain that Bay Area relationship. His original plan was to use last season to build up the Vegas opening and then move back onto remembering/celebrating the Bay Area fans. He has had to wait to do the Vegas grand opening stuff so the Bay stuff was pushed back.

Do not think they would move Mini Camp, due to the length, 4 days?

Think they were talking about moving training camp, Napa and Reno were possible options.

I could see another team moving to Napa Valley for their training camp if the Raiders totally give up on it. The Cowboys are officially headed back to Oxnard for training camp in July.

Sorry, I was thinking training camp off the bat. It didn't click until I read your two posts that I wasn't even in the same galaxy with my comment. I think Mark wants training camps in Napa but I don't believe he will feel comfortable doing it this year due to the uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    The plan has been to go back to Napa all along. The pandemic put a dent into those plans and they are on hold. Mark wants to retain that Bay Area relationship. His original plan was to use last season to build up the Vegas opening and then move back onto remembering/celebrating the Bay Area fans. He has had to wait to do the Vegas grand opening stuff so the Bay stuff was pushed back.
    Why would the Raiders spend $75 million to construct their enormous Outdoor and Indoor practice fascilities in Henderson, Nevada. (which is 15 miles southeast of their $1.9 billion stadium) if their plan was to go back to Napa for training camp all along ?
    Last edited by LaRaider2010; 06-15-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Not sure, but I’m fairly certain that I’ve read that Mark wants to do camps in Napa.