Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I celebrated when we didnít get Julio.

I celebrated when we didnít get Julio.

Yup!

Daniel Jeremiah said, he just talked to an NFL exec. He said Julios GPS numbers have gone down each of the last THREE years.

He will continue to age, get slower & more dinged up. 2021 will be Julioís best year with Tenn.
    But that contract heís going to re-negotiate is going to become an albatross on the Titans books before long.
    Then you toss away 2 good picks to boot?

Like Albert Pujols signing with the Angels.
    Pujols was declining some in STL but still a stud. He put up some numbers in the beginning of the LAA contract but nothing like with the Cards.

Julio = Great great talent, and heís a big name.
    But that Julio in his 20ís doesnít exist anymore.
    ***Though that doesnít mean he canít still produce & help the team win in 2021***

Tannehill renegotiated contract helps them in 2021. But watch the following years. He contract is pushed out to 2022 and 2023, plus a lot of dead cap the following yearS even if heís not on the team.
    Itís all or nothing in 2021 for Tenn.

Julio Jones - Just too many years on the soon to be restructured contract, too many monies, too much decline physically, too much draft capitol.

Thereís a reason why so few teams were even in on this trade.

Note: Raiders would have had enough $ with a DC extension or even a Kolton Miller restructure, since his contract is so front loaded.

Note #2: WR Adams in Green Bay, look for him to move in free agency next offseason.
    I bet Rodgers stays in GB this year even though itíll be messy.
    But no way is he a Packer next offseason.

Adams moves closer to home and reunites with his college QB in 2022.

With a Julio trade to the Raiders. That wouldnít have been an option.

The reason I did not want Julio with the Raiders
    as it would have taken playing time away from
    Ruggs and Edward; these guy are now in their
    second year and this is the time they need to
    shine; they really need to get playing time and
    I think Edward could be a good player to have….

I didn't expect it due to cap situation. Him and Waller would of been interesting for a couple of seasons. Ruggs must make a huge jump this season.

Jones would have been a great mentor for Ruggs and Edwards. I would have given up the draft picks if Atlanta ate some of the salary.
    That said, CBS has Edwards listed as a breakout players for the Raiders in 2021. They point out Edwards initially earn the starting spot over Agholor at the beginning of last season before suffering injuries.

1st of all the so called nfl exec was an idiot, julio has not slipped at all 2019 h was a monster and extrapolated 2020 was on q for another massive yr despite being injured, ruggs and edwards and john brown is the weakest wr crew in our own division, depending on edwards is a farce too the guy was injured almost all of 2020 so 2021 will be his 1st yr and he is playing one of the most complicated play books in the n.f.l,ruggs can improve and I'm hoping that happen but he is not wr1, that leaves john brown a career wr2, so teams will continue to scheme waller with double coverage and force the trio to beat em again with julio on our team no defense could scheme against us cause julio/waller both need to see double coverage which is impossible to do, the titans made it happen and found a way to fit julio's contract and they will benefit big time who do you double aj or julio ??? and if you do double and take a safety out the box good luck stopping derek henry, we had the op to do the samething with julio/waller/jacob/drake but chose mediocrity instead

The NFL exec wasn’t talking about stats or production.
    He just pointed out his GPS #s, the speed he gets in and out of breaks has slowed for 3 straight seasons.
    The numbers are the numbers.

1 year deal? Cool! Let’s blow it up and go all in for the year.
    But a big multi year deal when the contract turns ugly as his speed and athletically ability continue to drop year after year?
    Pass.

Tenn will tough as hell in 2021, but the implosion will soon follow.

Edwards is ready to break out in a BIG way…. Just be healthy! Please!

Titans are in win now mode. They are a playoff contender and if the breaks fall right for them they could make a SB run. They already have two good young WRs at least so adding Julio should help all of them. He may not put up his usual numbers anymore but that group will benefit from him drawing coverages away too.

Raiders are not near as solid of a team and they would have to beat the odds to go on a playoff run. Bringing in Julio to mentor young guys would be a waste of money and time because he would get annoyed real quick considering there is a risk that we won't actually win games.

I think we will sneak into the playoffs, personally, but that risk for Julio coming to us and us taking the money on just didn't add up, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    The NFL exec wasn’t talking about stats or production.
    He just pointed out his GPS #s, the speed he gets in and out of breaks has slowed for 3 straight seasons.
    The numbers are the numbers.

1 year deal? Cool! Let’s blow it up and go all in for the year.
    But a big multi year deal when the contract turns ugly as his speed and athletically ability continue to drop year after year?
    Pass.

Tenn will tough as hell in 2021, but the implosion will soon follow.

Edwards is ready to break out in a BIG way…. Just be healthy! Please!
    JULIO has not lost a step,2019 monster season,2020 was on pace to another monster season but was injured 3 yr deal at 15,11 and 11 is a bargain for a wr his calibre and julio would have been such a positive influence on our young wr crew as well

ps so now were stuck with ruggs/edwards and brown as our wr crew by far the worst of our division

Jones is going to clear some traffic away from the box making Henry that much more productive.

Julio still has a lot of football left. Personally I think this team might be a year away from going deep in the payoffs. WE need a "star" but I think its needed on the other side of the ball. After next years draft I would have zero problems offering a future first for that player.