Thread: Kyle Long Suffers Kneecap Fracture.

Kyle Long Suffers Kneecap Fracture.

I wanted the Raiders to sign Kyle Long a few months ago. He signed with the Chiefs. Now, Long fractured his kneecap and will likely be out for all of training camp and maybe longer.

LOL I did too. Goes to show the people with durability concerns were correct. He could recover and end up being a solid piece on their line, but going by how his last couple years with the Bears went, then out of football for a year due to injuries this doesnt bode well for him.

I never understood the need WANT fir Kyle long from fans.
    Was it because if his last name? I think so.

On the field he was so fragile.
    Every year he only can last a handful of games then he’s out.
    In the %40s of season snaps and below every year since his mid 20’s
    …and now he’ll be 33? No.

Yes it would have been a small 1.5M hit, but I’d rather have some younger kids get the looks. Guys that can be available.
    Kyle is washed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I never understood the need WANT fir Kyle long from fans.
    Was it because if his last name? I think so.

On the field he was so fragile.
    Every year he only can last a handful of games then he’s out.
    In the %40s of season snaps and below every year since his mid 20’s
    …and now he’ll be 33? No.

Yes it would have been a small 1.5M hit, but I’d rather have some younger kids get the looks. Guys that can be available.
    Kyle is washed.
    it was a legacy thing, reality is kyle cannot stay healthy

A Chiefs source told the KC Star a week 1 return is probably wishful thinking but not entirely out of the question. https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...training-camp/

He had one shot to get a one year "we'll take a chance" deal from an oline needy team and a SB contender as well and of course he took it, cant blame him. but I agree hes done.

I had a non displaced patella fracture (car accident) and was on crutches for 3 months. With any kind of displacement its much longer. Still barks at bad weather...

I was going to say this injury does not sound pleasant and that quick of a recovery seems odd to me. I think it's just me being squeamish though.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I had a non displaced patella fracture (car accident) and was on crutches for 3 months. With any kind of displacement its much longer. Still barks at bad weather...
    bad weather and old broken ankles and injured knees suck

Quote Originally Posted by 76Raider View Post
    A Chiefs source told the KC Star a week 1 return is probably wishful thinking but not entirely out of the question. https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...training-camp/

He had one shot to get a one year "we'll take a chance" deal from an oline needy team and a SB contender as well and of course he took it, cant blame him. but I agree hes done.
    The KC line is not their strong point. They could use a healthy Long. Hopefully, this translates in more sacks for the Raiders.