Thread: Total randomness.... Football Cards

Total randomness.... Football Cards

Totally random... anyone in the trading card game? Just got back in myself after several decades off. What Raiders are you collecting or cards in general? Though a change of pace from the constant arguments would be nice.

1st pickups were 79-90. Pops picked up full boxes of Topps every year. Now working backwards, just Raiders, partials of the 75-78 sets right now, a card or 2 from 72-74.

Prices skyrocketed about June of last year. Was picking up stuff prior, maybe 15 cents-a quarter a piece, now easily upwards of 60 - 70 cents average. Of course a card like George Blanda can go for 2-3 bucks.

I hear ya. I have quite a few classic Raiders and a lot of new. Just wish I could get more current. Just can't time the restock at Walmart. Lol
    Its really taken me back to being a kid. Just didn't think I would see 100 bucks for 20 cards.

Quote Originally Posted by ILRaidersfan23 View Post
    I hear ya. I have quite a few classic Raiders and a lot of new. Just wish I could get more current. Just can't time the restock at Walmart. Lol
    Its really taken me back to being a kid. Just didn't think I would see 100 bucks for 20 cards.
    Target stopped their sports cards sales yesterday, due to a fight at one of their Wisconsin stores...in the parking lot. Once those cards get into the secondary market, crazy markups....

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/...elves-pokemon/

I have a lot of classic Raider cards. Havent collected any since Superbowl run. Have Stabler, Jackson,Allen, Woodson Brown rookie cards.
    I also, thanks to my Father, have Marino, Elway, Montana, Rice rookies also.

Very nice. I picked up a Bo Raiders rookie as part of a collection. I kinda laugh when I see Ruggs is part of the new wave of hot cards. With that said I have many of those to. Lol

I've got a Ray Guy, PSA-graded rookie card.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Raider View Post
    I've got a Ray Guy, PSA-graded rookie card.
    Very nice!

I have about 2300 Raider cards from 70's 80's and 90's. Collected the full set of Woodson rookie cards but sold them, still have the SPX card, best one should get it graded. If anyone is in need of a certain card let me know and I can see if I have it. Was planning on just giving all the cards to my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Madtownraider View Post
    I have about 2300 Raider cards from 70's 80's and 90's. Collected the full set of Woodson rookie cards but sold them, still have the SPX card, best one should get it graded. If anyone is in need of a certain card let me know and I can see if I have it. Was planning on just giving all the cards to my son.
    Damn, that's a lot of Raiders!