Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Years After Jon Gruden Return Raiders Still Spinning Their Wheels

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Three Years After Jon Gruden Return Raiders Still Spinning Their Wheels

Gruden was given too much Power; he just way over his head in this; should have been Head Coach only and have an OC that call the plays...

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Gruden was given too much Power; he just way over his head in this; should have been Head Coach only and have an OC that call the plays...
    Sucks to be a Raiders fan, just don’t see things changing with Gruden in charge, we have seven more years of Gruden.

This article writes itself and speaks nothing of the strategy that Gruden sold to Davis when he came: I need 4-5 years and collaborative control. The team will be rebuilt younger with players who will stick around to compete within the 4-5 year run.

Approaching the start of year 4, no Raider fan wants to admit that we have had to wait when Gruden came, wait for the progress on the field, then keep waiting for a promise we can’t see happening.

The harsh criticism of this strategy before it culminates comes with the territory. It hasn’t been 4-5 years though and Gruden is already on notice. He set the damn strategy up in the first place and revealed it in pressers.

The clearer question is whether 4-5 years is too long and whether we can see some of the results in his own timeline. My answers are yes, it’s too long and yes I can see the team making the playoffs within that timeline. That’s what Davis signed up for and a new city, stadium and a year after a pandemic later, we are still waiting to see.

I don’t think we can make bold enough predictions about Ferrell, Abram, Arnette, Jacobs, and Ruggs to call Gruden’s picks a fail. It’s a mixed bag. We still don’t know because we are waiting...
    Last edited by Imasmashu; 05-06-2021 at 01:48 AM.

In the mean time KC is a power house and Chargers look to be a playoff team. In less time.

When he got here our roster was terrible. In 3 years, It has improved but not what it should be given who we could have drafted. I am still ticked about wasting those 5 1sts. You can't tell me we couldn't gave got Hopkins with one of those. Hell I would have went after 2 vets and then drafted 3, but nothing we can do now. Stuck with being ok for another 7. I would think this year would be make or break and that's going to be hard to do with everyone in out division improving and we stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPaul68 View Post
    Sucks to be a Raiders fan, just don’t see things changing with Gruden in charge, we have seven more years of Gruden.
    We got players that were drafted in the 2nd
    round like P.J.Hall...gone
    Key in 3rd round; gone

Why doesn’t Gruden trade his draft pick for
    veteran players instead

reaching for players and drafting need over talent/bpa has costed this team dearly over the last 3 yrs, just like it did the previous 13 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    We got players that were drafted in the 2nd
    round like P.J.Hall...gone
    Key in 3rd round; gone

Why doesn’t Gruden trade his draft pick for
    veteran players instead
    The drafts going back to 2015 are simply well below par. If you need a reminder: https://www.raiders.com/history/draft-history Read it and weep.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    In the mean time KC is a power house and Chargers look to be a playoff team. In less time.
    They've had more talent. Talent wins in the NFl. we were a 4-12 team with no talent. When the Chargers were a 4-12 team , 90% of the starters would start on the Raiders. The Chargers were 4-12 because of a terrible coach. KC has been good for close to a decade.