Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Raiders add former Chargers CB Casey Hayward

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Arnette was a rookie and you alway got to
    give a rookie the benefit of a doubt; just
    like Ruggs
    Yep. Ruggs had great hands in college, he needs some time to grasp the NFL.

But then again I'm not sure Gruden knows what to do with him. Supposed to be our version of Tyreek Hill.
    Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    We need to give Arnette and Abrams the benefit of the doubt for playing under Guenther's 197 page playbook that consisted of different ways to play 3 schemes. I don't see how they can get any worse this season. If they're just mediocre this year then we can move on from them the following year.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeliever View Post
    Yep. Ruggs had great hands in college, he needs some time to grasp the NFL.

But then again I'm not sure Gruden knows what to do with him. Supposed to be our version of Tyreek Hill.

Exactly.
    Midget isn't a receiver, he's a gimmick. He is a poor route runner that can't get off the line of scrimmage. In spite of all his speed he cannot create separation. Thats midget in a nut shell. If your saw every catch he made in college he was wide open. They created mismatches abusing the worst player on defense. That doesn't happen in the NFL. Bama had 3 other NFL receivers that defenses had to key on. When midget was locked up against a top corner he would disappear. Just watch him play at bama, the tape don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Midget isn't a receiver, he's a gimmick. He is a poor route runner that can't get off the line of scrimmage. In spite of all his speed he cannot create separation. Thats midget in a nut shell. If your saw every catch he made in college he was wide open. They created mismatches abusing the worst player on defense. That doesn't happen in the NFL. Bama had 3 other NFL receivers that defenses had to key on. When midget was locked up against a top corner he would disappear. Just watch him play at bama, the tape don't lie.
    Um...BS. I've watched the kid catch several tight catches in the endzone. I've watched him catch the ball in space and make spectacular plays. He has made many great plays on the ball when covered. You don't know what you're talking about.

Um...BS. I've watched the kid catch several tight catches in the endzone. I've watched him catch the ball in space and make spectacular plays. He has made many great plays on the ball when covered. You don't know what you're talking about.
    You watch highlight tape and he makes three plays in it. Watch the 30 games he played in college. You will see hours upon hours of what I have described. Watch the 2019 LSU-Alabama game. Kritian Fulton locked him up the entire game. He wasn't even going against the top corner on LSU and he was beyond silent.

He might be better suited for the role Gruden had envisioned for Bowden, just like you said a gimmick....not even a Tyreek role...Hill is much more multi dimensional. Wildcat, screens from the backfield, reverses, returns. Not an NFL WR.

You watch highlight tape and he makes three plays in it. Watch the 30 games he played in college.
    lol...he's made more than three plays.

And with his speed he should get wide open, but you even hate the fact he does get wide open.

And with his speed he should get wide open, but you even hate the fact he does get wide open.
    I wouldn't worry about the LSU homer. He hates Bama players. Ruggs made plenty of plays in college. Made a few good ones his rookie year too. Ruggs will be a good player for us in time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the LSU homer. He hates Bama players. Ruggs made plenty of plays in college. Made a few good ones his rookie year too. Ruggs will be a good player for us in time.
    I hate bama players too, when they're still playing there.

Yes, agreed, Ruggs needs more time and coaching.

With his speed he doesn't at the NFL level. When you face freshman that will never be in the NFL, that can't cover that won't press the receiver and sit on zone all day. Sure a receiver can get open. It doesn't translate to the NFl. Why? Because every player that is across from him is an NFL player. That isn't the case on college.

I hate bama players too, when they're still playing there.

Yes, agreed, Ruggs needs more time and coaching.
    Ignore that douche bag. He doesn't speak for me. I hate midget. I don't hate Bama players. I respect bama players. Just like LSU, Bama recruits the same players. Its not a coincidence that LSU and Bama put the most players in the NFL year in and year out.
    My favorite player two years in the draft was Quinnen Williams. Bama.

Midget can have the greatest coaches in the world, it won't change who he is. He had the best college coach of all time. A coach that has prepared more NFl players than any other coach in college over the past 20 years. He doesn't love football, he will never love football. He's a basketball player at heart. And basketball players are soft. Midget is soft and will never be tough.