Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't wait to not watch MNF

Quote Originally Posted by jgrilldss View Post
    Game of the Year!
    didn't miss a thing and i didn't have any fantasy player in that game anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I haven't had even broadcast TV service in 4 years. Haven't turned what was once a big beautiful flatscreen on my wall on since then. Regarding the truck, I'd buy a 1-2 year old used F150 anyway. You can get it for way cheaper. Plus you're not buying it because the NFL is advertising it. You probably already know Ford makes good trucks.
    But no Nation Wide
    No Nike
    No Pappa Johns
    No Fed Ex (except when I have to for work)
    No Campbells soup
    No Bridgstone Tires
    No Bose speakers
    No Pepsi
    No Quaker oats (and I eat a lot of oatmeal)
    No Starbucks
    No Lay's potato chips.
    I'd add McDonalds in there but haven't eaten there for at least 20 years.
    Oh and DEF no Gatorade which I used to drink a lot
    screw em all,don't use any of those products anyway

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I haven't had even broadcast TV service in 4 years. Haven't turned what was once a big beautiful flatscreen on my wall on since then. Regarding the truck, I'd buy a 1-2 year old used F150 anyway. You can get it for way cheaper. Plus you're not buying it because the NFL is advertising it. You probably already know Ford makes good trucks.
    But no Nation Wide
    No Nike
    No Pappa Johns
    No Fed Ex (except when I have to for work)
    No Campbells soup
    No Bridgstone Tires
    No Bose speakers
    No Pepsi
    No Quaker oats (and I eat a lot of oatmeal)
    No Starbucks
    No Lay's potato chips.
    I'd add McDonalds in there but haven't eaten there for at least 20 years.
    Oh and DEF no Gatorade which I used to drink a lot
    Doritos? Budweiser is a must.

Are you guys going to wage this holy war forever? The main people in our organization , Mark Davis, Reggie Mck, Derek Carr are all good people. I am not going to get mired in a culture war controversy, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Raideriam View Post
    Doritos? Budweiser is a must.
    dont drink beer due to health,so screw bud as well

Quote Originally Posted by tactician View Post
    Are you guys going to wage this holy war forever? The main people in our organization , Mark Davis, Reggie Mck, Derek Carr are all good people. I am not going to get mired in a culture war controversy, but to each his own.
    not a war,just a change in lifestyle for the better,i'll keep my hard earned cash in my pockets rather then making millionaires and billionaires richer and more disrespectful !!!

I hope not. I hope its not forever. I will admit my dismay last week when the league didn't address the issue. Rumors are they are still trying. If the league manages to listen to those of us disturbed by this and fixes it I'm glad to get back into things as normal. Until then my unchecked fantasy team remains "Get Off Your Knees"

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs-...isse-says.html

hurt the networks earnigs,hurt the owners earning,hurt the advertisers earning and it'll eventually hurt the the players earning the most...shit rolls down hill but those at the bottom (players) get hit the most !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs-...isse-says.html

hurt the networks earnigs,hurt the owners earning,hurt the advertisers earning and it'll eventually hurt the the players earning the most...shit rolls down hill but those at the bottom (players) get hit the most !!!
    The cap is determined by league wide revenues. They can feel it as soon as next spring when the contract offers dry up.

I don't know how long it will be for me. I just don't "feel" like watching. Right now it's about the anthem but honestly with the Raiders playing so bad this season, I don't feel like watching football. This is the first year in many where I haven't even looked at my FF team since the draft. Maybe when this thing blows over and the Raiders start winning based on the big money they've paid certain players I'll slowly start watching again. But right now it's like if everyone I knew told me a movie was horrible, yet I start watching it anyway and after 45 minutes realizing how crappy it is, I don't keep watching.