Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best article I have read on Raiders issues

Best article I have read on Raiders issues

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...e-its-too-late

Nails it on the head... Its what we all see and rant about on this forum. The crazy part is if we are ALL seeing the same thing, what the fuck are Reggie and this coaching staff doing?
    Pull the plug on the bullshit and go back to what we were built yo do. And Reggie needs to do his job and strengthen the positions on this team that are weaknesses each year. And these assholes get paid millions to make these dumbass decisions... unreal.

idiot todd dowling needs to be fired for messing with what made the raiders a contender to trying to force his shit system on to the raiders offense and wtf,you bring marshawn out of retirement then limit his touches to 13 a game ??? give the man 20-25 per game let him punish the defense and break em down !!!

Well fuck! its pretty easy to point fingers at this point..../'-\---and you-- and you-- v----and you--===so on and so on..

I don't get it and I don't think I ever will. Why do coaches, GMs and owners allow this sort of thing to happen. Whether it's stubbornness, ignorance or just plain stupidity, there's no excuse for breaking something that was working just fine. Also, why would you allow it to continue to happen once you witness the awful results from changing? If this season continues on its current trajectory a large number of heads should roll! The most infuriating part is the casual fan can easily see something is wrong and yet these "professionals" continue to try and ram a square peg into a round hole. Back in the day folks on this board would quickly try to blame Al Davis for this sort of thing. Now, it would seem that ego has gotten the better of this team. I'm not sure whose ego it is but someone needs to step in and right the ship or we're going to waste a lot of money and talent with nothing to show for it.

Those who got paid are mailing it in. Coaches and players alike.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    Those who got paid are mailing it in. Coaches and players alike.
    I agree, this always seems to happen in all sports, bust your ass, then get paid, then chill.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderShank View Post
    I don't get it and I don't think I ever will. Why do coaches, GMs and owners allow this sort of thing to happen. Whether it's stubbornness, ignorance or just plain stupidity, there's no excuse for breaking something that was working just fine. Also, why would you allow it to continue to happen once you witness the awful results from changing? If this season continues on its current trajectory a large number of heads should roll! The most infuriating part is the casual fan can easily see something is wrong and yet these "professionals" continue to try and ram a square peg into a round hole. Back in the day folks on this board would quickly try to blame Al Davis for this sort of thing. Now, it would seem that ego has gotten the better of this team. I'm not sure whose ego it is but someone needs to step in and right the ship or we're going to waste a lot of money and talent with nothing to show for it.
    Agreed, so now that Reggie sees Downing use the ZBS.....does he cut the entire line and bring in ZBS studs? It's the stupidest thing ever. This is on both JDR and Reggie, both say, oh I let the other do whatever, "you have to ask..(insert name).." bull crap, Reggie you're getting the players that play a power run game(Kirkland, Alexander, Sharpe), so naturally, JDR needs to hire a guy that schemes the power run game.......right now, that's a discord between Reggie and JDR, okay it might be all pats on the back....but when you go against your.....YOUR players STRENGTHS, that is poor coaching, and mismanagement of personnel. In addition, is it true that Downing does not allow Carr to audible at the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Agreed, so now that Reggie sees Downing use the ZBS.....does he cut the entire line and bring in ZBS studs? It's the stupidest thing ever. This is on both JDR and Reggie, both say, oh I let the other do whatever, "you have to ask..(insert name).." bull crap, Reggie you're getting the players that play a power run game(Kirkland, Alexander, Sharpe), so naturally, JDR needs to hire a guy that schemes the power run game.......right now, that's a discord between Reggie and JDR, okay it might be all pats on the back....but when you go against your.....YOUR players STRENGTHS, that is poor coaching, and mismanagement of personnel. In addition, is it true that Downing does not allow Carr to audible at the line?
    I heard it on the postgame last night on 95.7. Carr also said in his presser after the game when he was asked, he said I run the plays that are called

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I heard it on the postgame last night on 95.7. Carr also said in his presser after the game when he was asked, he said I run the plays that are called
    I heard about the no audibles elsewhere, something about the playclock penalties.....which I think is crap. I'm sort of old school and love when the QB's have enough grasp of the playbook to audible...but looking at that first pick, where there was miscommunication between Crabtree and Carr.....I sort of hesitate, it worked great last year, because we were all on the same page a year ago...this year not so much, it seems in practice we are not running as much reps on the basic stuff, instead focusing on the gadget stuff for Patterson...gunning for the big play.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I heard about the no audibles elsewhere, something about the playclock penalties.....which I think is crap. I'm sort of old school and love when the QB's have enough grasp of the playbook to audible...but looking at that first pick, where there was miscommunication between Crabtree and Carr.....I sort of hesitate, it worked great last year, because we were all on the same page a year ago...this year not so much, it seems in practice we are not running as much reps on the basic stuff, instead focusing on the gadget stuff for Patterson...gunning for the big play.
    When the games roll around, there’s ZERO gunning for big plays. It’s all recycled, weak, conservative, predictable shit. The zone blocking is an absolute disaster. The gun runs are an absolute disaster. We were all pissed last year watching gun runs because of the broken finger. This douche was on the staff last year and saw the running game decline after the power runs and fullback weren’t in play. So what does he do? Goes with the shit proven not to work EXCLUSIVELY in his limp wristed finesse horseshit offense. Great idea. What an innovator.