Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Best article I have read on Raiders issues

  1. #11
    I’m saying it AGAIN. If this OC would go NO HUDDLE and let the qb call plays, this offense ignites and gets going. I believe Downing knows this, therefore it’s not going to happen

  2. #12
    I have to believe..if its obvious to everyone else then the coaching staff must see it too. They can't be that stupid. I can believe they are that stubborn, especially this team. We've seen it with keeping KNJ, not prioritizing the MLB position, and now with doing the same crap on offense for 4 weeks even though it doesn't work. Could it be that the first two weeks we won, so Downing is thinking the offensive scheme has to work? How does someone like JDR or RM or MD allow this to go on? Is JDR so confident that the losses will not be a direct reflection of his failures, and he can blame it on his coordinators? Makes me wonder why people in positions to do something don't do anything. I refuse to believe the players that got their contracts renewed are not trying their best now. Carr and Mack are the leaders of this team and they don't look like those type of players. Everyone will follow their lead.

  3. #13
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I have to believe..if its obvious to everyone else then the coaching staff must see it too. They can't be that stupid.
    Oh yes they can. As I remember back in HS and college and had many "jock" friends, most of them were not very smart. Talented no doubt. Coaches are just the people who either used to be stupid players who had to remember what? 30 plays if that? My parents wouldn't even let me play soccer or FB unless I maintained at least a 3.5 average. The wonderlick test is something that most 6th graders should be able to pass. There are coaches who are really smart and players too but the average is not. C students at best. They know how to turn on the cold and hot water at the same time in a shower. Managing a salary cap doesn't take a genius. It takes a 7th grade education. I could have easily done that shit in 7th grade

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Oh yes they can. As I remember back in HS and college and had many "jock" friends, most of them were not very smart. Talented no doubt. Coaches are just the people who either used to be stupid players who had to remember what? 30 plays if that? My parents wouldn't even let me play soccer or FB unless I maintained at least a 3.5 average. The wonderlick test is something that most 6th graders should be able to pass. There are coaches who are really smart and players too but the average is not. C students at best. They know how to turn on the cold and hot water at the same time in a shower. Managing a salary cap doesn't take a genius. It takes a 7th grade education. I could have easily done that shit in 7th grade
    Then I stand corrected. Hopefully they have smart friends that they can ask for help.

  5. #15
    I actually agree with just about everything in this article. Execution is an issue as well, but Downing is not putting his offense in a position to succeed. The changes have to start with his play calling and scheme and then we can point to the players should they continue to struggle.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I actually agree with just about everything in this article. Execution is an issue as well, but Downing is not putting his offense in a position to succeed. The changes have to start with his play calling and scheme and then we can point to the players should they continue to struggle.
    time for del rio to tell todd dowling to pull out musgraves playbook and play it !!!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    time for del rio to tell todd dowling to pull out musgraves playbook and play it !!!
    Or at least get rid of the zone blocking scheme. I would hope Jack already made that happen on Monday.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Or at least get rid of the zone blocking scheme. I would hope Jack already made that happen on Monday.
    Ha, that and giving Carr the ability to audible to anything. The guy takes way too much control for the vast experience that he does have.

  9. #19
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    _
    Downing-- Power blocking scheme , play action , stretch the field , plenty of no huddle _
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

    can someone send up an airplane banner with this and fly it over the stadium thursday

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I’m saying it AGAIN. If this OC would go NO HUDDLE and let the qb call plays,
    I think Downing allowing Carr to call plays is part of the problem. Have we seen Carr audible to stretch the field...... NO
    he's dinking and dunking and i think that is what carr is comfortable with especially since hes had confidence issues.

    the coaches need to reighn him in. stop these underneath short passes all game.

    I formation with fullback leading lynch and oline power blocking downhill
    use playaction
    stretch the field.

    then these damn defenses wont just sit there with 2 high safeties with everyone else waiting for the underrneath stuff and attack
    and diffusing our offense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •