Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Over

As the season progresses it is clear that this past off season was a clear failure. (1) Deciding (and maybe it was their only choice) to move the team to Las Vegas was a major punch in the gut to the local fans. I have to wonder if this is some kind of distraction. THESE LOCAL FANS HAVE THREE YEARS TO WATCH THIS TEAM PLAY IN OAKLAND AND THIS IS HOW THE PLAYERS, COACHES, AND ORGANIZATION RESPONDS. (2) The failure to address the defense at all in free agency is a major factor. Their defense was the problem, yet the focus of free agency was on offense. REGGIE HAS BEEN HERE NOW 6 YEARS, AND DEL RIO IS NOW ON YEAR 3, AND YET THIS DEFENSE IS NOT EVEN RESPECTABLE. (3) So far ( I realize this can change) there has been only 1 draft pick who has been a solid contributor (Vanderdoes-I guess I could say Lee but I hear more complaints that compliments about him). I THINK REGGIE NEEDS TO STOP DRAFTING IN THE 2ND ROUND, I THINK EVERY 2ND ROUNDER HE HAS DRAFTED IN THE 2ND ROUND HAS INJURY ISSUES. (4) The decision to let Musgrave go was a factor. It seems they disrupted the chemistry of the solid unit on the team. (5) The decision to keep Norton seems to be a factor. You just can't rely on this defense and he is the coordinator.

defense has played well in spots vs denver,chargers but have been totallydestroyed by washington,bmore and soon kc

She said I was going to have the best sex ever!!~ Then she passed out.

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    This team is poorly prepared every week and it's the fault of all the coaches. Jack can blame whomever he likes but he chose the staff. He chose to pass on Phillips and bring in Pagano. He chose to keep Norton. He chose to cut Musgrave and promote his understudy. McKenzie bares some of the blame for completely blowing free agency and the draft. Mack has no help at DT or MLB and let's not talk about the corners.
    Playing Devil's advocate: what DTs I'm the draft should he have gotten? Not a single DT in the first two rounds have been worth a shit.

Not much avail at CB either this yr. Conley prob was the best option for CB, he just hasn't been healthy....

It sounds like they tried to get Zach Brown, but he went elsewhere.

Draft/FA hits:
    Mack
    Carr
    Gabe Jackson
    Karl Joseph
    DeAndre Washington
    Vadal Alexander has been a solid player thus for a 7th Rd pick.
    Jalen Richard.
    Cooper (despite this yr)
    Crabtree
    Hudson
    Penn
    KO
    Patterson has been a great KR and made multiple big time plays.
    Latavius Murray was a 2 time pro bowler for a 6th round pick, despite his obvious issues.
    Jared Cook
    Newhouse has played rather well this yr. Definitely an upgrade at RT.

Convincing Woodson to finish his career with us.

Mario Edwards has played well when healthy.

T.J. Carrie is among the best CBs when playing inside in the NFL this yr. Not bad for a 7th round pick.

Irvin - I'm not a fan of him, but he's played well - I can't deny that. I just wish we would've gotten a pure pass rushing DE/EDGE to compliment Mack, we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with Irvin. Guess we could argue that was what Aldon Smith was suppose to be.....

Misses
    Sean Smith
    DJ, but that entire draft was a disaster. With that said, DJ hurt the team.

Calhoun
    Jihad Ward
    Reggie Nelson was slightly above Ave last yr, but pretty damn terrible this yr. Hard to call him a FA bust because he made the pro bowl last yr (which is more an indication of how bad safety play has been), but Nelson has been brutal this yr.

Benson Mayowa walking - but he's among the worst run defenders in the NFL.

So a ton more hits than misses, but there are major issues with the team. Some are coaching/play calling. Some are major issues with the team, particularily at MLB (FYI Cory James was playing considerably better than Zach Brown before his injury) and DT. But I'm not sure who RM should've gotten for DT.
    Last edited by jgrilldss; 10-15-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Skittle the dancing bear,
    Penn,
    Carr,
    Jackson,

...all got phat checks and no longer do anything but mail it in or protest....FVK em

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    Skittle the dancing bear,
    Penn,
    Carr,
    Jackson,

...all got phat checks and no longer do anything but mail it in or protest....FVK em
    Keep believing that. Skitles is still the best RB on this team, going into today he was 6th in yards after contact. He might be #1 after today. Penn will be top 3 this week in terms of LT performance come Tuesday when grades come in. Carr hasn't played well, and the 2nd INT was on him, but the first was clearly on Crabtree. Strange you aren't bitching about him. Jackson, had those two damn penalties but played very well.

I put most of it on the blocking scheme, the offensive play calling has been weak but the defense was exactly what we thought it would be. If Sean Payton was calling the plays, I have a feeling we'd be scoring 30+ a game. the OC is hot garbage.

People on this board just want to pick on specific people they don't like, and they aren't willing to be honest about the other players.

For instance, you haven't bitched about Crabtree at all - yet if that guy goes against a top corner, he literally can't get 30 yards if that CB plays him 1 on 1 with no safety help. That's pretty sad, in today's NFL. So many of Crabtree's production is Carr throwing perfect balls. I think Crabtree is a good WR, but he has to be among the worst in the league in terms of getting seperation in man coverage. Crabtree needs to step up, so does Cooper and I wish Patterson was a more polished WR - he'd make a hell of a difference.

Cooper will be better after today, but going into today he was the worst starting WR in the NFL, by far. His grade was historically bad.

Carr I don't think is 100% or coaching staff made him get rid of the ball immediately. The OC is not attacking at all, it's pretty sad to watch.
    Last edited by jgrilldss; 10-15-2017 at 02:59 PM.

A COMPETANT coach would have this team at 4-2 at worst, I would argue 5-1 even. The Washington game was a no win. The other losses could have EASILY been wins if they had any fire whatsoever. This staff recycled the same excuses week after week and makes NO CHANGES. Not the scheme, not the players, no moving guys around.. no changes in tempo with no huddle, nothing. Instead it’s “put this one on me” “we’re a prideful group” “ it’s just execution” “eye violations” pure BULLSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by jgrilldss View Post
    Playing Devil's advocate: what DTs I'm the draft should he have gotten? Not a single DT in the first two rounds have been worth a shit.

Not much avail at CB either this yr. Conley prob was the best option for CB, he just hasn't been healthy....

It sounds like they tried to get Zach Brown, but he went elsewhere.

Draft/FA hits:
    Mack
    Carr
    Gabe Jackson
    Karl Joseph
    DeAndre Washington
    Vadal Alexander has been a solid player thus for a 7th Rd pick.
    Jalen Richard.
    Cooper (despite this yr)
    Crabtree
    Hudson
    Penn
    KO
    Patterson has been a great KR and made multiple big time plays.
    Latavius Murray was a 2 time pro bowler for a 6th round pick, despite his obvious issues.
    Jared Cook
    Newhouse has played rather well this yr. Definitely an upgrade at RT.

Convincing Woodson to finish his career with us.

Mario Edwards has played well when healthy.

T.J. Carrie is among the best CBs when playing inside in the NFL this yr. Not bad for a 7th round pick.

Irvin - I'm not a fan of him, but he's played well - I can't deny that. I just wish we would've gotten a pure pass rushing DE/EDGE to compliment Mack, we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with Irvin. Guess we could argue that was what Aldon Smith was suppose to be.....

Misses
    Sean Smith
    DJ, but that entire draft was a disaster. With that said, DJ hurt the team.

Calhoun
    Jihad Ward
    Reggie Nelson was slightly above Ave last yr, but pretty damn terrible this yr. Hard to call him a FA bust because he made the pro bowl last yr (which is more an indication of how bad safety play has been), but Nelson has been brutal this yr.

Benson Mayowa walking - but he's among the worst run defenders in the NFL.

So a ton more hits than misses, but there are major issues with the team. Some are coaching/play calling. Some are major issues with the team, particularily at MLB (FYI Cory James was playing considerably better than Zach Brown before his injury) and DT. But I'm not sure who RM should've gotten for DT.
    If the Raiders had soooooo many hits, why are they losing? Coaching is a factor, but good players make plays. The Raiders aren't making enough plays to win games.

I don't know about you guys, but from the 3rd game on I cringe every time Carr goes back to pass. I feel like he has to get the ball out quickly or he will be sacked, I never had that feeling last season. No wonder we don't have many long passes, no time to throw it. This OC has made a mockery of our offense, I don't know how he sleeps at night. When they decided to let Musgrave walk and promote Downing I was all for it, little did I know this OC would change the blocking scheme and be a crap play caller. We can't even get Coop open for goodness sake. From one of the best offenses last year and adding better pieces this year to going to one of the worst offenses this season is all on the OC. Same players, with the addition of better players, yet worst results. The defense is playing better this year in my opinion, but the damn offense just plain sucks.