Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders provide North Bay fire relief

Raiders provide North Bay fire relief

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Sad about these fires, there been a lot of damage, sad for these peoples, who lost there houses.

Alota fires in So-Cal lately

I think it's organized arson..,,but hey that's none of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    I think it's organized arson..,,but hey that's none of my business.
    Terrorists live among us. Also could be global warming. Anyone's guess.

Thought California had unprecedented rain over the winter/spring?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Thought California had unprecedented rain over the winter/spring?
    We did, that's part of the problem. First, the heavy rains. Second, the heavy vegetation. Third, the dry heat causing the heavy vegetation to become kindling. Add some windy conditions to the mix and you have a major disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by VanEnger View Post
    We did, that's part of the problem. First, the heavy rains. Second, the heavy vegetation. Third, the dry heat causing the heavy vegetation to become kindling. Add some windy conditions to the mix and you have a major disaster waiting to happen.
    So then it's lose lose situation. Seems to me that fire fighting efforts are antiquated. You'd think technology would have come up with a way to pump thousands of gallons of ocean water to a fire site per minute. But probably there might be an issue with some that a fish might die so California would never agree to that. Save the fishes.org.

"So then it's lose lose situation."

Not necessarily. Preventative care could go a long way. For example, PG & E caused a huge fire by taking money out of their program to make sure trees were trimmed away from power lines. Instead that same money went towards profits, (See the NorCal fire of 2015). In fact, there's suspicion that PG & E may have caused this fire as well. People can make sure brush is cleared from their property, and get rid of wood shingle roofs. However, fires can't always be prevented, and yes, the more vegetation the more likely the danger of a forest fire. If you want to live out in a wooded area, then fires come with the territory.