Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surpirsed? No LB signed yet this week

Surpirsed? No LB signed yet this week

I think a lot of us were expecting Riley or someone else to get signed after the first game - I believe it makes it a non-guaranteed contract (anyone?). I thought our LBers did an alright job. Would love to hear from you guys that have watched the film how you think the group did.

Thought Lee played well enough in the pre-season to earn a shot at being the starter week 1; and I think he played well enough in Week 1 to not need to sign a LB.
    Send the message that if you work hard in practice and play solid football on the field you will earn playing time regardless of your name, reputation, draft placement, salary, etc.

Yep, signed after Week 1, contract is unguaranteed. I think our LB's did not standout either great or horrid. They're a competent group. The DLine was outstanding compared to a year ago. We were not blown off the LOS, EVD was huge for us, shedding 2016's best OLine like they were nothing. When our DLine can stalemate or win the LOS, it allows our LB's to play rover, hunt for possible RB lanes and then hit them when the RB commits. Our problem a year ago, was Dan Williams constantly being blown off the LOS, for LB's we win, if they stay clean, no OLineman getting to the 2nd level to run interference for their RBs. Our DLine just needs to stay discipline, man their gaps, win the LOS...at worst stalemate the LOS, keeping our LB's clean. They did a solid job to clean the backs. Delanie Walker did get loose for 7 catches.....that's the one thing that has not been solved.

DT's played better; shocking the LB's looked better. Amazing how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    Exactly... Lee did his job... two down thumper(all the free agents are old and the same mold)

Adams got burned bad..he might lose pt to Morrow who is a better athlete...

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    Morrow had some nice plays too. And yes, the LBers never got a fair shake when they were playing with suspect linemen. Ray Lewis was a beast but he also had a great line in front of him that let him basically do what he wanted. So happy with Eddie/Jelly/MEJ.

I think if the defense can continue to play zone like they did against the Titans, we’ll be ok going forward. But as I’ve been saying for years, we need push from the DTs
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

They played ok. I still think they need help at that position. They've needed help there since the start of last season. But I guess Saint Reggie doesn't agree

Interesting that Dan Williams is still a FA. Speaks volumes!

What I think is a lot of people jumped the gun way too early about Lee not beeing fit for the job. It was the 2nd preseason game amd some called him not the answer after like 30 snaps!

Jeez I get we are starving for a MLB but lets keep the expectations in check and give it some time.