Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshawn a distraction?

Marshawn a distraction?

Now he's sitting during the National Anthem

Why can't these guys use their public activism to speak out instead of doing it during games? Keep politics out of games dammit!

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow5326 View Post
    Not a Fan of this.
    I Agree, we don't need to start a distraction, before season starts.

This was all a ploy.....he wanted money now he wants attention

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    This was all a ploy.....he wanted money now he wants attention
    So Marshawn is a social justice warrior now? I'm sorry but he's dumb as a rock, I really do not think he grasps the complexities of any of these social/political issues.

Glad I didn't buy one of his jersey's and so long as he acts like that - never will. Get out and run, take our money, and retire a hawk; we all know you will.

According to Jerry McDonald a year ago Marshawn supported Kaepernick when he was on Conan O'Brien . Although I'm not a fan of the kneeling and sitting during the Anthem . I am in support of their right to do so. Everyone brings up the men and women that have died so we can display the flag and play the Anthem , I don't think they died so we can pick and choose what rights others get to exercise . With what happened in Virginia yesterday I'm surprised more didn't take a knee .

He said that he hasn't stood for the anthem his entire 11 year career. Not sure if that is true or not. If so, this is nothing new. Either way, suck it up. People need to stop being so overly dramatic. Yes, there are famous people who give a damn about social issues and injustice. Good for them for using their celebrity status for more than just making money.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesjay View Post
    According to Jerry McDonald a year ago Marshawn supported Kaepernick when he was on Conan O'Brien . Although I'm not a fan of the kneeling and sitting during the Anthem . I am in support of their right to do so. Everyone brings up the men and women that have died so we can display the flag and play the Anthem , I don't think they died so we can pick and choose what rights others get to exercise . With what happened in Virginia yesterday I'm surprised more didn't take a knee .
    The people complaining about Kaepernick peacefully kneeling during the anthem don't give a damn about what happened in Virginia...