Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders need to re-sign Narorro Bowman as soon as take care of Khalil Mack

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    He's played in the league 8 years - he's made a tad more than 20m - that was just his guarantee on the last contract wasn't it? And actually after taxes in CA he probably netted 9m not 11m on that 20. Yes there are players that party, spend and buy like crazy but he has a family and a home in the SF area. He doesn't strike me as one of the typical wasteful players. I'd bet he's set for life.
    Yep, 8 years and according to sportrac he's received 44 million dollars...I bet he still sits on a good deal of it. The money these guys make will buy the best tax attorneys out there, they will find a way to minimize taxes....foundations for 1....so going home with 45%?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-...cash-earnings/

Honestly given his 2 catastrophic leg injuries, I'm sure he has a number in mind(6 million minimum) and will not return without it being met. Going through another rehab with a 6+ million dollar bonus is a lot better then a 3 million dollar pill. He's probably developed a solid group of investors around him, given the York's connections and SV connections down there. He will be fine when he walks away on both legs and solid mind.

Bigger question: Its 7-10 and Mack isn't signed. WTF is going on? Carr signed last year a full 18 days ahead of this. How effective is he going to be if in a forced to play under his terms mode?
    Agreed, forget Bowman, getting Mack into TC Day 1 is the biggest question, now if's a game of chicken with Aaron Donald, then he's going to have to get on his agent to get off the childish games and sign the thing, who gives a crap if they're offering 120 today, but it could be 120.7 tomorrow.........when Donald signs his......

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Agreed, forget Bowman, getting Mack into TC Day 1 is the biggest question, now if's a game of chicken with Aaron Donald, then he's going to have to get on his agent to get off the childish games and sign the thing, who gives a crap if they're offering 120 today, but it could be 120.7 tomorrow.........when Donald signs his......
    If that is the case, not sure why the Rams and the Raiders sit and talk about this because of each player is waiting to be the highest paid, neither of them will be playing this year with a contract extension.

He's played in the league 8 years - he's made a tad more than 20m - that was just his guarantee on the last contract wasn't it? And actually after taxes in CA he probably netted 9m not 11m on that 20. Yes there are players that party, spend and buy like crazy but he has a family and a home in the SF area. He doesn't strike me as one of the typical wasteful players. I'd bet he's set for life.
    nobody knows how much he has spent or wasted through,navarro could have been a big waster in the early yrs like so many before him then settled down and began looking at his finances for his family and since he has been in san fran most of career all of his earning over the yrs have been taxed at major levels,so using your metrics on him retaining 9 million outta his 20 million guaranteed he has been losing 55% to taxes alone so if his career earnings were 44 million he probably only retained 20 million or less over 8 yr career

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    If that is the case, not sure why the Rams and the Raiders sit and talk about this because of each player is waiting to be the highest paid, neither of them will be playing this year with a contract extension.
    rams and raiders still have leverage both can franchise em for 2 more yrs,rams actually have more leverage cause aaron donalds base salary is only 8 million vs macks at 14 million (pick10 vs pick 4) plus d/e make more the d/t in the n.f.l (tag numbers)

Bowman is NOT happening guys. Let it go.

Mack is overrated Bowman is a difference maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders777 View Post
    bro get ready for some bombs to come your way

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders777 View Post
    I smell sarcasm lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRaider View Post
    I smell sarcasm lol
    No its not, it idiocy that routinely visits and spews itself all over. Best ignored. Bass had to go and quote it.