Thread: Conley Sues Accuser

Conley Sues Accuser

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orsement-deals

I'm glad to see it. She cost him millions when he fell to 24. He also claims he lost endorsements. I doubt he gets much, but he will teach the gold-digger not to seek another payday from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...orsement-deals

I'm glad to see it. She cost him millions when he fell to 24. He also claims he lost endorsements. I doubt he gets much, but he will teach the gold-digger not to seek another payday from someone else.
    My only surprise is that winning gets him blood out of a turnip - or in otherwords he bankrupts her and gets nothing and sadly in this era no one is going to care if he's innocent or not. Win on the field man, then win hearts and minds in your community and people will put that crap behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    My only surprise is that winning gets him blood out of a turnip - or in otherwords he bankrupts her and gets nothing and sadly in this era no one is going to care if he's innocent or not. Win on the field man, then win hearts and minds in your community and people will put that crap behind you.
    if he wins he can ask for future earnings which would leave her fucked and on welfare like the trash she is

needs to happen more, the only way to stop people trying to milk money is if its shown they will have to pay up once busted.

Apparently it's a a counter lawsuit. Many of her original statements to police were proven wrong and that resulted in no charges filed. There was also video evidence that she was stalking him prior to the hotel encounter.

Doesn't sound like a counter lawsuit considering the charges were dropped, that case was dropped so this is a new lawsuit. I believe to be a counter suit, the original suit still needs to be active.
    Regarding the amount of money Conley would be awarded, damages have to be proven. It will likely be more than she can afford. You can't say things like "I would have made X amount if I was a top 5 draft pick" also seeing his injury kept him out of the season, no one knows but possibly teams would have passed on him anyway because the injury was apparent. Regarding the endorsements, again, it would depend on if he was actually offered contracts and what was in the contract. If it says "you must play the entire season and go to the pro-bowl" to make X amount of money.
    Either way, she better hope she can get a hooker job and get paid in cash or they will garnish her wages.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Doesn't sound like a counter lawsuit considering the charges were dropped, that case was dropped so this is a new lawsuit. I believe to be a counter suit, the original suit still needs to be active.
    Regarding the amount of money Conley would be awarded, damages have to be proven. It will likely be more than she can afford. You can't say things like "I would have made X amount if I was a top 5 draft pick" also seeing his injury kept him out of the season, no one knows but possibly teams would have passed on him anyway because the injury was apparent. Regarding the endorsements, again, it would depend on if he was actually offered contracts and what was in the contract. If it says "you must play the entire season and go to the pro-bowl" to make X amount of money.
    Either way, she better hope she can get a hooker job and get paid in cash or they will garnish her wages.
    Conley was cleared of criminal charges, so he can't be can punish for breaking the law. The woman then filed a Civil Suit against Conley. Civil Court judges can order you to pay money, but there is no arrest or non-monetary punishment. In the counter suit, I don't think Conley would have any trouble producing experts to testify that the incident caused him to fall in the draft.

The money is honestly inconsequential as far as I'm concerned (certainly GC would disagree) however, if he can win this case and provide a deterrent to this happening again that would be a big win. There are consequences to your actions and she should pay for that.