Thread: players who have surprised gruden at workouts

Erik Harris?

The guy that's really been stunning for us is Erik Harris," Gruden said. "I'm doing my research on this guy. Who is this cat? This guy has played really good football for us. I don't care what round they are coming from. This kid is really rising to the top right now."

I also like Gruden throwing players out of practice for fighting. Could save some penaty yardage during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Erik Harris?

The guy that's really been stunning for us is Erik Harris," Gruden said. "I'm doing my research on this guy. Who is this cat? This guy has played really good football for us. I don't care what round they are coming from. This kid is really rising to the top right now."

I also like Gruden throwing players out of practice for fighting. Could save some penaty yardage during the season.
    ....we aren't going to go out there and roll out a 14-2 season, beating everyone by 3 touches....there will be some games that will be decided by 15 yards....and if they can't control it in practice.....its another aspect that we've missed, reduction of stupid penalties.

I really don't know what to expect from this team, and that's probably a Good thing...I'm not really sold on big improvements on the talent level except draft picks..versus what we had last year..it's all going to come down to coaching, and that's another Question? So I'll just hope for the best & see how it all plays out, but I've been disappointed before

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    ....we aren't going to go out there and roll out a 14-2 season, beating everyone by 3 touches....there will be some games that will be decided by 15 yards....and if they can't control it in practice.....its another aspect that we've missed, reduction of stupid penalties.
    We will always be top 5 in penalties..non raider fans think its conspiracy, but think bout it over all these years, thru different coaching staffs and were still this bad on flags? Were the Raiders

Not a lot of great stuff. Joseph picking off a cook, Miller beating then being beat by Key, Parker getting tossed out for instigating a fight....

Gruden: 'Didn't know TE Cook moved like that'

Raiders coach Jon Gruden indicated he has been surprisingly impressed by Jared Cook at OTAs and minicamp.
    Cook quietly set a career high with 54 catches last season. "Jared Cook has had a great camp," said Gruden. "I did not know Jared Cook moved like that. I knew he had really good pass receiving skills, but we can line him up at a lot of different places now. He’s been really sharp. We’ve asked him to do a lot." Cook is an undervalued TE2 toward the end of fantasy drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    We will always be top 5 in penalties..non raider fans think its conspiracy, but think bout it over all these years, thru different coaching staffs and were still this bad on flags? Were the Raiders
    163 in the year Al passed. Crazy, 10 a game.

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    I really don't know what to expect from this team, and that's probably a Good thing...I'm not really sold on big improvements on the talent level except draft picks..versus what we had last year..it's all going to come down to coaching, and that's another Question? So I'll just hope for the best & see how it all plays out, but I've been disappointed before
    Disagree... picked up 2 solid veteran LBers, both upgrades, and our Defensive backfield improved greatly with addition of Melvin, Conley being healthy as our 1 and 2 as CBs, a couple of other vet DBs and 2 rookies on the D line with lots of potential. On.the D sid, I think we upgraded nicely, and not to mention a REAL DC in Guenther...
    On O - also improved with solid WR corp, and Grudens O, with Gruden calling the plays... Not to mention we upgraded on ST, coach wise as well as ST players... on paper we are improved through coaching, good mix of vets and rooks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Disagree... picked up 2 solid veteran LBers, both upgrades, and our Defensive backfield improved greatly with addition of Melvin, Conley being healthy as our 1 and 2 as CBs, a couple of other vet DBs and 2 rookies on the D line with lots of potential. On.the D sid, I think we upgraded nicely, and not to mention a REAL DC in Guenther...
    On O - also improved with solid WR corp, and Grudens O, with Gruden calling the plays... Not to mention we upgraded on ST, coach wise as well as ST players... on paper we are improved through coaching, good mix of vets and rooks.
    Guenther is going to be night and day. He's run this defense for 4 years, Reggie commented that he was able to work with coaches to get the players they want in to fit their system, he didn't have that with JDR's staff. In addition.....Norton only coached the LB's in the Seattle system, so he had no experience with the backfield and DLine, let alone the scheme. Guenther's experience is going to be a huge benefit for us.