Thread: Frostee Rucker, Raider!

Frostee Rucker, Raider!

From Adam Shefter:
    Raiders are signing former Cardinalsí DL Frostee Rucker to a one-year deal, per source. A 12-year veteran, Rucker wanted to play for a team that he thought he had a Super-Bowl chance.

Frostee has been mr reliable during his career. Always available.
    Started all 16 games for the #6 D in the NFL last year.

He has plus PFF marks for run defense.
    With all the focus on young pass rushers on the D-line, itís a sound signing getting a starter worthy veteran run stuffer.

Anytime you can get a NFL starter from another team as a backup on the Raiders, Iíll take it!
    Build that quality depth!

Championship!

Just kidding, but okay a little more DL depth it seems. If nothing else, there will be bodies to spare in camp on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Championship!

Just kidding, but okay a little more DL depth it seems. If nothing else, there will be bodies to spare in camp on defense.
    Damn, wrote the same thing about this last night. Great minds they say...

[QUOTE=ThePantyRaider;35803]Why no mention of Frostee Rucker... Championship[/QUOTE

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1964

Just a little more depth on defensive line, even if just for camp and to push the likes of Edwards, Calhoun... Cant disagree with the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Just a little more depth on defensive line, even if just for camp and to push the likes of Edwards, Calhoun... Cant disagree with the signing.
    Edwards has to feel pressure. The Raiders have drafted likely starters and are now signing backups at DT.

we have signed 2 vets onto the roster,whom have we cut ??? and i hope both deals are vet min types with no guaranteed money/dead money if we cut em

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    we have signed 2 vets onto the roster,whom have we cut ??? and i hope both deals are vet min types with no guaranteed money/dead money if we cut em
    Probably ends the hopes of signing Bowman.

Nothing official on the website. Probably filling out the pink slips and working on informing the 2 cuts, before sending Rucker and Rubin's contract to NFL offices. I can only see these guys getting a 50K guarantee at most. I can't see them getting salaries that will hit our top 51.

Hackenberg and Brady Sheldon were cut to open up roster space for Rucker and Rubin.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...st-three-weeks