Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Supplemental draft just got interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    too high if a 2nd rd pick is necessary to get him,id only bid on him if he fell to the 4th
    If we want hi we would have to take him in second. He will got to Browns in the third. He will never make it to the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Haji81872 View Post
    If we want hi we would have to take him in second. He will got to Browns in the third. He will never make it to the fourth.
    im fine with letting him go to the browns then,we need our 1st,2nd and 3rd rd picks to fill rb,oline,lb next yr

Sorry I just don't know anything about the guy; is he worth next years 2nd? He is if he can start this year. He is if he can contribute as the 3rd DB. Otherwise no. I don't even know how we're set for picks next year with all that trading around we did on draft weekend this year. Do we have extra picks? IDK if we did and we could swap into the late 2nd round for a guy who is ready to play - I'd be good with that.

Skins take CB Alexander in Supplemental draft

Redskins selected Virginia Tech CB Adonis Alexander with a sixth-round pick in the 2018 supplemental draft.
    The Redskins will surrender a 2019 sixth-rounder. Western Michigan CB Sam Beal was taken in the third round by the Giants, and Beal had clearly separated himself from Alexander as the draft's top prospect. Alexander stands 6'2/195 but ran a 4.60 forty at his Pro Day with a 35.5-inch vertical and just nine bench-press reps. He had a number of off-field issues in college and was ruled academically ineligible before declaring for the supplemental draft. He's merely a late-round flier who should get at least one year to stick at the end of the roster. Alexander is unlikely to make a rookie-year impact barring injuries.

I think it would have been good for us to have gotten him with a 3rd; were they before us or did we pass on him in the 3rd? Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    I think it would have been good for us to have gotten him with a 3rd; were they before us or did we pass on him in the 3rd? Oh well.
    Giants had #2 pick of each round. We were 10th pick of each round

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Giants had #2 pick of each round. We were 10th pick of each round
    Not true. Picks were selected by a lottery. The Giants had the fourth pick in each round while the Raiders had the top selection.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...emental-draft/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Not true. Picks were selected by a lottery. The Giants had the fourth pick in each round while the Raiders had the top selection.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...emental-draft/
    There are 3 lotteries, non playoff teams with 6 or fewer wins, 2nd group lottery non playoff teams with 7 or more wins, 3rd group playoff teams.

either way we passed o nem all and no i still dont think our 3rd rd should have been sacrificed