Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: QB Christian Hackenberg Traded to the Raiders for Conditional 2019 7th rd pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    The Hack just couldn't hack it
    Better one. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    It was unfortunate for Hack but really not enough reps to go around and the team felt they needed more dline for camp... dont think its anything he didnt do. Wish him well.
    Gruden said as much. It was the numbers. They brought in more guys, didn't have the space for Hack.

It sounds like Manuel and Cook were just better.

From Scott Bair, NBC BayArea:

There weren't enough reps to go around, and the No. 4 guy didn't do much with them.

I would listen to Gruden over Scott Bair.

The real tragedy here is Cook is still on the team. Let that chump start 16 games and he will lose 14 or 15. Manuel not much better. Our backup QBs are terrible really.
    Last edited by fad; 06-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    I would listen to Gruden over Scott Bair.
    Gruden said it was "disappointing" having to release Hackenberg. He later credited Connor Cook for "moving up." Bair was correct. Hackenberg had to show more to beat out Cook.

Gruden said it was a numbers thing as they signed 2 DTs recently and had to let 2 go hence the lack of reps to go around when you have 4 QBs. Hackenberg was a project who would need a lot of work and the team didn't have time for it. As I said, I would listen to Gruden over Scott Bair.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Gruden said it was a numbers thing as they signed 2 DTs recently and had to let 2 go hence the lack of reps to go around when you have 4 QBs. Hackenberg was a project who would need a lot of work and the team didn't have time for it. As I said, I would listen to Gruden over Scott Bair.
    What did Scott Bair say that Gruden didn't? There weren't enough reps for 4 QBs. Hackenberg didn't do enough to beat out Cook. The Raiders were not going to keep 4 QBs. If Hackenberg looked great in the reps he got, they may have cut someone else. Since Hackenberg cleared wavers, it looks like no other team has a roster spot for him right now.

I was glad when they traded for Hackenberg. I thought he might have a chance to beat out Cook. It's obvious Gruden preferred Cook. If there was no competition, Gruden would not have congratulated Cook for "moving up".

The Patriots are giving Hackenberg a look, I hope they sign him so we can read about the genius of Bellicheck for signing the same QB Gruden/RM were just killed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    There weren't enough reps for 4 QBs. If Hackenberg looked great in the reps he got, they may have cut someone else.
    How could they get a look at him when there weren't enough reps to go around? You're contradicting yourself.

Gruden said. "We just didn't have enough reps to take a good look at him. Since we were further along the road with some of our other guys, we didn't have the space."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...berg-struggles

He wasn't beaten out by anybody. They were unable to give him a chance.