Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ateman signs

Miller, Parker, Key, Nelson remain unsigned. Hurst also signed today.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...marcell-ateman

I have big hopes for that guy excited to see him use that body.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderjohn622 View Post
    miller, parker, key, nelson remain unsigned. Hurst also signed today.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...marcell-ateman
    im glad were getting people signed quickly this yr

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    i have big hopes for that guy excited to see him use that body.
    gonna make for a great rz target

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    gonna make for a great rz target
    Yes exactly but I also hope he is more them that. It was imperative imho to add size and jump ball ability to the group after we released Crabtree. Carr is very good at placing the ball on these plays but you need a receiver to make the play and beat his guy also. Bryant also has the size and ability but I see him as a 1 year rental TBH so we better hope Ateman pans out.

redzone thats it to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders777 View Post
    redzone thats it to slow.
    If your just thinking of his 40 time he ran 4.62 witch is not that bad. Crab ran 4.54 and thats back a couple years.

There is a heck of a lot more to playing receiver then beeing crazy fast. Route running, hands, understanding your offense, the defense, using your body to sheild.... all those things can go a long way. Darrius Heyward-Bay was faster then anybody on the field most times yet his toolbox is pretty empty after that and he cant crack the top 3 WR of an NFL team yet.

Im not saying he will be a star but you cant scratch him off simply because he is not a burner.
    Last edited by fad; 05-17-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    If your just thinking of his 40 time he ran 4.62 witch is not that bad. Crab ran 4.54 and thats back a couple years.

There is a heck of a lot more to playing receiver then beeing crazy fast. Route running, hands, understanding your offense, the defense, using your body to sheild.... all those things can go a long way. Darrius Heyward-Bay was faster then anybody on the field most times yet his toolbox is pretty empty after that and he cant crack the top 3 WR of an NFL team yet.

Im not saying he will be a star but you cant scratch him off simply because he is not a burner.
    Oh yeah this douchebag (777) can. Carr and Mack are busts to his stupid ass too.

I like the prospect of Ateman, but let's remember he joins Cooper, Nelson, Bryant and Switzer not too mention Cook right now. If Gruden can't get a consistently productive passing game going with Carr and this group, then I don't know what to say.