Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Controversial, yet exciting Raiders mock draft...

Controversial, yet exciting Raiders mock draft...

Whatís your opinion of this mock? Very aggressive trade happy draft.
    Note: I think both trades wouldnít happen because the other teams would want more.
    Especially the 2nd round trade. But letís not worry about the trade, letís look at the players...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/raiders...ft-trades/amp/

#4 DE Chubb. By far the best defensive lineman in the draft. Heís Mack like in that heís just as ELITE vs the run as he is at pass rushing.

#36 CB Isaiah Oliver. This is the silly trade. We would have to give up more to get this pick, but again, just looking at the pick...
    A few of you are in love with this guy in RD2. In this mock, the Raiders feel the same way.

Rest of the draft, we get a WR with measurables over production.
    Small school OT with potential, top punter in the draft, and a Top of the draft LB talent that simply hasnít played much because of injuries.

The bad: No DT or LBer in the top half of the draft. We stay soft in the middle.

The good: Move over Chargers, meet the best DE duo in the NFL. MASSIVE BONUS, both DEís stuff the run.
    Conley & Oliver, if they develop and get healthy, we might have a SCARY CB duo for years to come.
    The defense = soft up the middle vs the run, top of the league against the pass.

The 4th rounder Iíd take a DT, other than that, Iíd take this draft.

Would you?

Hell no. Worst (and most unbelievable) mock draft I've seen all year. Not exciting. Depressing.

Taking Lil mckenzie in round 7 too...
    Wheres FIB Savior on this draft? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Hell no. Worst (and most unbelievable) mock draft I've seen all year. Not exciting. Depressing.
    LOL. Tell us how you really feel!

It’s as bad as any of mine on first pick, but I just never trade up. My big issue with it is simple we have Jelly and Latham as NTs and MEJ and Vanderdoes as DTs and No real MLB that matters so remember that game when we ran all over Denver .... that’s what everyone does to us....

trading up is idiotic,giving up high picks in a draft that is deep with talent thru 3 rds =stupid

ps we traded up and gave pick 10 and our 2nd rd pick in 2018 so how in the fvck do we get oliver with a 2nd rd pick we dont have 2 2nd rd picks !!!
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 04-22-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post

ps we traded up and gave pick 10 and our 2nd rd pick in 2018 so how in the fvck do we get oliver with a 2nd rd pick we dont have 2 2nd rd picks !!!
    That’s why I like this draft Scenario

We traded our 3rd and 2 6’s to get back up in the 2nd. (5 spots higher than our original pick)
    Overall to get to Nick Chubb, we lost our 3rd rounder and a couple late 6 rounders. Would you not do that?

In this era it’s all about rookies performing at high levels on rookie contracts. Teams just can’t afford ten high paid players under the cap. So if you trade up you have fewer chances at rookies delivering on the promise.

Now that said let’s suggest these four picks would make us great:

Edmunds and you need him at first,
    Hurst and he won’t make it to 9 round 2,
    Oliver who appears to be there at 9 Round 2,
    Reid who won’t make it to round 3

Those four players would transform the defense you are sure of it....how do you get them? Would you give up next years first?

Quote Originally Posted by pitzrrr View Post
    that’s why i like this draft scenario

we traded our 3rd and 2 6’s to get back up in the 2nd. (5 spots higher than our original pick)
    overall to get to nick chubb, we lost our 3rd rounder and a couple late 6 rounders. Would you not do that?
    dude our 3rd and 2 6 rd picks won't be enough to get back into the 2nd rd for oliver,maybe our 3rd plus our 4th and our highest 5th gets us to the back end of the 2nd WHICH ISN'T ENOUGH FOR OLIVER WHOM WILL BE GONE BY THE EARLY TO MIDDLE OF THE 2ND RD

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    dude our 3rd and 2 6 rd picks won't be enough to get back into the 2nd rd for oliver,maybe our 3rd plus our 4th and our highest 5th gets us to the back end of the 2nd WHICH ISN'T ENOUGH FOR OLIVER WHOM WILL BE GONE BY THE EARLY TO MIDDLE OF THE 2ND RD
    I agree, though I can't say that I dislike the list of names we end up with for the most part, but I can't see this being realistic either.