Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stage 6 Preview!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    How about Reggie drafting Kirk Cousins, Travis Benjamin, Nigel Bradham, Malik Jackson, Josh Norman, Danny Trevathan? Just to name a select few?
    DOESNT MATTER THAT REGGIE COULDNT TRADE THE PICK. He is NOT a good drafter. Face reality bro (and sis).
    QB wasn't a need. So why draft Cousins when we needed o-linemen? Reggie hit the Carr pick of the ballpark anyway, and if they were to do a re-draft, Carr would go top 3 overall. And your crying about Cousins?

If any of the other players were going to be as good as anyone thought they would, they all would have gone a lot higher in the draft.

Not stop wasting my time and get ready to start winning Super Bowls!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, and Chucky I trust!

There are a lot of miserable people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    QB wasn't a need. So why draft Cousins when we needed o-linemen? Reggie hit the Carr pick of the ballpark anyway, and if they were to do a re-draft, Carr would go top 3 overall. And your crying about Cousins?

If any of the other players were going to be as good as anyone thought they would, they all would have gone a lot higher in the draft.

Not stop wasting my time and get ready to start winning Super Bowls!

Bro, you do realize that Carr wasnt in the NFL at the time of this draft right? We didnt need a QB? You are joking right?
    And "if any of the other players were going to.be as good as anyone.thought" comment is a moronic statement.
    Why did you.think these guys got drafted if no one thought they would possibly be good. Why cant you face reality and say that Bergstrom was a shitty pick that didnt amount to anything, and that the Raiders and Reggie couldve drafted one of the guys I mentioned, who are not only in the league, but are pretty damn good...
    Denial... isnt just a river.......

FIB Savior, I love your passion and i love that you love the Raiders but your rationale and totally blind analytics are mind boggling... You cannot be that damn skewed in the brain.. you smoked yourself retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Bro, you do realize that Carr wasnt in the NFL at the time of this draft right? We didnt need a QB? You are joking right?
    And "if any of the other players were going to.be as good as anyone.thought" comment is a moronic statement.
    Why did you.think these guys got drafted if no one thought they would possibly be good. Why cant you face reality and say that Bergstrom was a shitty pick that didnt amount to anything, and that the Raiders and Reggie couldve drafted one of the guys I mentioned, who are not only in the league, but are pretty damn good...
    Denial... isnt just a river.......
    It doesn't matter when Carr was drafted. What matters is Reggie drafted us a franchise QB when the timing was right. And Carr was a steal as well being picked where he was selected. So crying about Reggie not drafting Cousins is pretty freakin dumb.

Furthermore, In 2012 when Reggie took over, yes, We did not need a QB. The prior regime just traded away a first and second round pick to acquire Carson Palmer. And you are suggesting that Reggie should have drafted Cousins with the highest pick he had in his first draft in 2012?

Yeah, let's invest a 1,2 and 3rd round pick in the QB position, when there were glaring holes and needs everywhere else as we were just starting the tear down and rebuild. This idea my friend is moronic.

Again, stop wasting my time. Focus on this draft my brother. Cause Reggie, Gru, and their staff are fixin to hit the 2018 draft out of the freakin ballpark!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    It doesn't matter when Carr was drafted. What matters is Reggie drafted us a franchise QB when the timing was right. And Carr was a steal as well being picked where he was selected. So crying about Reggie not drafting Cousins is pretty freakin dumb.

Furthermore, In 2012 when Reggie took over, yes, We did not need a QB. The prior regime just traded away a first and second round pick to acquire Carson Palmer. And you are suggesting that Reggie should have drafted Cousins with the highest pick he had in his first draft in 2012?

Yeah, let's invest a 1,2 and 3rd round pick in the QB position, when there were glaring holes and needs everywhere else as we were just starting the tear down and rebuild. This idea my friend is moronic.

Again, stop wasting my time. Focus on this draft my brother. Cause Reggie, Gru, and their staff are fixin to hit the 2018 draft out of the freakin ballpark!

Lmfao. Your brain is so skewed, that you cant comprehend what I am saying.
    I am saying we had so many damn needs, that Reggie should have selected BPA. We had holes all throughout the team as was evident by looking at our record.
    Carson Palmer was a fill in... not a long term answer. You took one name out of a list of names we couldve had if Reggie was a lot better at identifying talent than he is.

Based off of your logic, we were better drafting a career backup lineman in the 3rd round, than we wouldve been drafting a player who not only was a starter, but were very good starters at their positions.
    And next time you want to try and insult me about "crying" and being "pretty freakin dumb"' I ask you to go back to all of your posts and see the results.
    You are a fan who is blinded by hope and passion ( and i appreciate your positivity), however the reality of the situation is the fact that Reggies history in drafting as the GM of the Raiders has been atrocious, minus the Carr, Mack, Gabe Jackson draft.

Kirk Cousins was only a BPA after the fact. How long did he sit? Would he still be a successful starting QB if he played right away for a team with no offensive line? You can't definitively say yes to that question.

Heres a read you may enjoy:
    https://justblogbaby.com/2018/04/04/...rafting/amp/1/

Weird how they also mention that they traded up to get Cook, hoping he would be the next "Kirk Cousins"...
    I will leave you with this: Every year, GMs are looking to draft a QB they can mold and learn under a veteran starter.. The Carson Palmer trade set this franchise back multiple years, and Palmer was seen as an aged QB.. if you dont think the Raiders were in serious need of a young QB to mold behind Palmer, I dont know if you understand how the NFL works..
    But again, my responses to your thread, are to the point that Reggie hasnt done a good job drafting. Our defensive line is garbage and he has whiffed multiple years in a row trying to address the position.
    See Ward and Calhoun as wasted 2nd and 3rd rd picks that were extreme reaches.

Read the article as it states the same exact shit I am spewwing to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Kirk Cousins was only a BPA after the fact. How long did he sit? Would he still be a successful starting QB if he played right away for a team with no offensive line? You can't definitively say yes to that question.
    We had Palmer. He wouldve sat behind Palmer and learned. But Cousins sat behind Griffin and in his first three seasons he played in spot duty and started some games throughout the course of year 2 and 3.
    Again the point being that Reggie isnt a good evaluator of talent. This is just one example. Lets get Kirk Cousins out.of.the picture.... what about.the multiple other players that I listed that we couldve had? Bergstrom was not a good pick then and in hindsight an even worse pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    He was behind Griffin and after their rookie seasons, Griffin got killed.....then again, Shanahan probably dials up plays to suit the player.