Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: DT has to be the pick - right??

Quote Originally Posted by Raidersdiehard View Post
    Tell me more about Hurst's heart condition...would we take a chance @ 10. I mean is it a valve problem or a arrhythmia or what?
    Hurst is a prototypical RM pick. Heart conditioned a little too small for the role, and a serious reach at 10 since he has been mocked near the end of the 2nd round before his agent paid off PFF to move him up to the first round team....

Yeah I saw something on PFF how's he's rated very high but if I'm the GM known to take a guy with his sternum cracked open and another guy with shin-splints in the first round, I'm keeping far away from any medical concerns or I'm out of a job next year. It's Gruden's decision on player personnel anyway supposedly right?

I believe Gruden advises and RM decides

Quote Originally Posted by Raidersdiehard View Post
    Yeah I saw something on PFF how's he's rated very high but if I'm the GM known to take a guy with his sternum cracked open and another guy with shin-splints in the first round, I'm keeping far away from any medical concerns or I'm out of a job next year. It's Gruden's decision on player personnel anyway supposedly right?

taven bryan or hurst or edmunds,id consider derwin james if he fell to us too

I think with the Foster saga unfolding the niners will take Smith and we will take Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    I think with the Foster saga unfolding the niners will take Smith and we will take Edwards.
    Well if you listen to the experts here Edwards is a leap year ahead of Smith....honestly after watching the hype tape on Smith he isn’t even a first round prospect to me. I pity the team that takes him.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    Well if you listen to the experts here Edmunds is a leap year ahead of Smith....honestly after watching the hype tape on Smith he isn’t even a first round prospect to me. I pity the team that takes him.
    Smith is not even a MLB prospect to me. He project's as a WLB and we could see him slide to the tail end of the first round if the niners pass on him. Edmunds could have a bright future but I still think its tough to take a guy you know won't be a day 1 starter in the first round. I would feel better about it if we had signed Bowman.
    Last edited by srfndoc; 04-16-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Smith is not even a MLB prospect to me. He project's as a WLB and we could see him slide to the tail end of the first round if the niners pass on him. Edwards could have a bright future but I still think its tough to take a guy you know won't be a day 1 starter in the first round. I would feel better about it if we had signed Bowman.
    are you guys talking about edmunds ???

Yeah I was....he’d be a good pick if Vea or Payne were not available

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    are you guys talking about edmunds ???
    Yep.... Edmunds