Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wyche: Raiders quietly biggest winners of FA? VIDEO

Wyche: Raiders quietly biggest winners of FA? VIDEO

Wow.. ok.. says we filled our needs. Whitehead very good LBer, blocking TEs, Melvin signing, etc.. can get BPA in draft. Fails to mention need at MLBer with Bowman and need for stud DT...but hey.. some positivity from someone drinking the Reggie kool-aid. Hope hes right. Hope we still sign Decker as we will have a very solid WR crew...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-a...of-free-agency

Sorry Reggie’s 33-60 doesn’t earn him a pass. I don’t fret his FA performance at all. FA for us sucked as it did for every one as there were no great FAs for us or anyone to get. My only FA grief would be his lack of compensation for Crab. His last three drafts have been the problem and the reason were not winning team we should have been. If his next draft is like the last three he needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    Sorry Reggie’s 33-60 doesn’t earn him a pass. I don’t fret his FA performance at all. FA for us sucked as it did for every one as there were no great FAs for us or anyone to get. My only FA grief would be his lack of compensation for Crab. His last three drafts have been the problem and the reason were not winning team we should have been. If his next draft is like the last three he needs to go.
    Yes agreed. His draft picks have.been pretty horrendous.minus the Carr, Mack, Gabe draft... other than that, he has been pretty atrocious. Needs to have a GREAT draft this April or as far as im concerned, we need new talent evaluators and more-so a new GM. Ive said it many times, Scot McG is the man for the job, aka Scoty McGM

Didn’t Reggie hire his brother as scouting chief? I hope Gruden can impact this draft.

Everyone keeps talking about Reggie's record, he had to blow up the damn disaster that he inherited. He has done what everyone was clamoring for the team to do, bring in a GM and right the ship. People wanted to take out billboards, and it was not a small number the theme radiated through Raider Nation.

With regards to compensation for crab, do you honestly believe that they didn't try? And maybe, just maybe there was no market for him? Everyone knew from the time that the season ended that there was an issue with him. The FO tried to squash things and tried to squash the speculation that he was on thin ice. When he was cut the teams that were interested in Nelson, NE, NO and the Seahawk's apparently did not have the same interest in Crab, local talk in Boston indicate that the pats were passing on him, so to say that the team failed when it comes to crab is not fair with out being privy to all of the facts.

Did he try to get comp for Crab? IDK but I didn’t see the effort did you? Did you see any denials on the Crab to be cut rumors, did you see Carr and Crab in public and the team or management sing his praises? Was their an ounce of effort by RM, team management to say the fired OC and HC miss used him, took him out of games when he was needed and it’s part of why we changed? I never saw an ounce of any of that and what I saw was Crab cut and signed by another team at about the same rate of pay in less than 72 hours hence pardon me if all of the KNOWN evidence says RM is a fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about Reggie's record, he had to blow up the damn disaster that he inherited. He has done what everyone was clamoring for the team to do, bring in a GM and right the ship.
    How many times does this have to be brought up? There was a friken bill board paid by fans to get a GM. Reggie has done his 6th grade math to fix the cap. And so far we are 6-10 until proven otherwise.

Did he try to get comp for Crab? IDK but I didn’t see the effort did you? Did you see any denials on the Crab to be cut rumors, did you see Carr and Crab in public and the team or management sing his praises? Was their an ounce of effort by RM, team management to say the fired OC and HC miss used him, took him out of games when he was needed and it’s part of why we changed? I never saw an ounce of any of that and what I saw was Crab cut and signed by another team at about the same rate of pay in less than 72 hours hence pardon me if all of the KNOWN evidence says RM is a fuck up.
    Well if you didn’t see it, then it clearly doesn’t exist.....

You’re a fan. You know maybe 5-10% (maybe less) of what actually is going on with the team or it’s players. Give it a rest.

Didn’t Reggie hire his brother as scouting chief? I hope Gruden can impact this draft.
    Just for the record, take a look at Gruden's drafts at Tampa, when he had considerable say. First rounders:

2004 Michael Clayton WR
    2005 Carnell Williams RB
    2006 Davin Joseph G
    2007 Gaines Adams DE
    2008 Aqib Talib CB

Lower rounds didn't pan out much better:
    http://www.buccaneers.com/team-and-s...t-history.html

That's a lot more misses than hits.

I think that it's a bit harsh to put all that on Reggie, yet I do agree he has to take some responsibility for his part of this. I don't know about Crabtree, I guess if every team knew we'd be cutting him, why would they fork over any compensation for him? It could be a matter of he couldn't get anything cause everyone and their brother knew that he'd be available for free soon enough. Either way, roster acquisition and decisions aren't his alone and haven't been, Mark, Jack, and now Gruden at the least are a part of that. Not saying Reggie is perfect, he's also part of that and has to take some responsibility as well.