Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oakland raiders cap space updated

Carr can restructure his salary can be converted into bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Lynch's salary has been updated.....

Whitehead got a 3 year 18.....so first year account for 5-6 million....

Keith Smith got 2 years 4.2 million

Estimate 8 million for those 2, without counting Lee Smith, Shareece Wright, Wilber, Martin.....

Pretty much up against the cap at this point. Not sure where you find money for Bowman.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    Carr can restructure his salary can be converted into bonus.
    Let it go already..Suh isn't the answer to why we Suck..it's all about Coaching, and I personally don't think that Gruden is going to be the Belichick messiah everyone thinks he's going to be, but I HOPE!!!

So we traded Olawale and saved 1.5 million only to pay his replacement more? We paid jelly too much. All of Reggie’s followers explain what a capologist he has been yet all we have to spend is 13m

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    So we traded Olawale and saved 1.5 million only to pay his replacement more? We paid jelly too much. All of Reggie’s followers explain what a capologist he has been yet all we have to spend is 13m
    not just reggie,grudens hands are all over these moves as he tries to take us back to 1998 style of football

I don't think as fans we want to accept that we may have to take 1 step back to take 2 forward. That doesn't mean our record can't improve, better coaching and game planning/scheming/calling will help a ton. If I look at a 12 win team that became a 6 win team I am expecting about 8-9 wins without applying context, etc. to the equation just for having a better staff in place. No we aren't signing big names in FA, we are plugging holes, building depth and finding reasonably priced players. With the downfall of the JDR era, there will be some wasted draft picks, that has to stop with Gruden on the sidelines.

A good example, is Obi. He was specifically drafted to play a Kam Chancellor role in that "Seattle style" defense we were supposed to be building. With Guenther and his 4-3 Double A does he really fit what we are doing? That could go down as a wasted pick if he doesn't find a role - just due to the coaching/scheme changes if nothing else. I have hope he can find a role and be a solid player but I won't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    not just reggie,grudens hands are all over these moves as he tries to take us back to 1998 style of football
    Someday people will realize that today's NFL GM doesn't get to make all the decisions by himself. I agree with this ^ completely.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Someday people will realize that today's NFL GM doesn't get to make all the decisions by himself. I agree with this ^ completely.
    im giving reggie/gruden a clean slate at 8-8 right now their f/a moves are mostly neutral and system/depth moves,the draft talent will determine if we are a 10 win team going forward

Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    The Raiders are not a very enticing team for free agents like Suh right now, and this has less to do with the front office, the coaching staff, or the salary cap. These guys don't want to uproot their families and move them to a different part of the country, and again in 2 more years.
    might as well buy a house and get the family established in Vegas now, and the player gets short term rental for the season. and its a short flight or drive whenever needed.

and players mostly look at contract and chance of winning more than anything else

The team should be planning on a serious spending spree when they get to Vegas.

Let’s be real you can only afford a few 20 million dollar guys and we’ve decided Carr and Mack are them. There isn’t going to be a third (Suh) so you BETTER DRAFT ONE and enjoy the rookie price break. If RM does not get a good draft we’re back to sucking wind again

Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    might as well buy a house and get the family established in Vegas now, and the player gets short term rental for the season. and its a short flight or drive whenever needed.

and players mostly look at contract and chance of winning more than anything else
    I think you're underestimating how family impacts these decisions. As far as the money, unless a team really inflates an offer, these guys usually know their own market value.