Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Suh

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Wheres FIB Savior to cheer me up and let me know this is good news?
    Sucking the sweat off of Reggies Balls...I didn't want Suh for a one year flush 15 million down the toilet..that's just Stupid it's not like we are in Super Bowl contention, but I just don't think Gruden is the second coming of Belichick either..could turn out to be worse than the del rio era?

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    Sucking the sweat off of Reggies Balls...I didn't want Suh for a one year flush 15 million down the toilet..that's just Stupid it's not like we are in Super Bowl contention, but I just don't think Gruden is the second coming of Belichick either..could turn out to be worse than the del rio era?
    I'm honestly amazed! you are actually going to compare Gruden and this staff to Del Rio????? That coaching staff ran this team into the ground and it crashed and burned last year. The offense was predictable and we had an OC and DC that were at best positional coaches, EMBARASSING and the results were evident on the field.

Our secondary sucked, that blame falls directly on the shoulders of DEL RIO, NO ONE ELSE! Go back to the New England game when it was noted that Brady's completion percentage when facing teams coached by DEL RIO is over 90% and it went up after that game. The guy had his hands all over our defense, don't let anyone fool you, probably why players on the defensive side of the ball were upset when Norton was fired.

And to say that we aren't Super Bowl contenders is a Joke, this league is as balanced as it ever has been, we will be right in the thick of things, the coaching staff is the biggest addition this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    I'm honestly amazed! you are actually going to compare Gruden and this staff to Del Rio????? That coaching staff ran this team into the ground and it crashed and burned last year. The offense was predictable and we had an OC and DC that were at best positional coaches, EMBARASSING and the results were evident on the field.

Our secondary sucked, that blame falls directly on the shoulders of DEL RIO, NO ONE ELSE! Go back to the New England game when it was noted that Brady's completion percentage when facing teams coached by DEL RIO is over 90% and it went up after that game. The guy had his hands all over our defense, don't let anyone fool you, probably why players on the defensive side of the ball were upset when Norton was fired.

And to say that we aren't Super Bowl contenders is a Joke, this league is as balanced as it ever has been, we will be right in the thick of things, the coaching staff is the biggest addition this off season.
    Time will tell..look at Gruden's record..sure Del Rio sucked other than one year, but really what has Gruden ever done except win a Super Bowl with another coaches players & our play book??

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post

Do you think Gruden will be coaching the Raiders 5 years from now out of his 20 million 10 year contract LOL If you do your delusional!!!

Del Rio had been to the playoffs 3 time in his career as a head coach and won one playoff game. He had a .495 regular season record.

Gruden has been to the playoffs 5 times, won five games and lost four. His regular season record is .540. Gruden never had a bellow .500 when coaching the raiders. He coached seven years in Tampa and fell below .500 3 times. Del Rio did that twice in oakland in 4 times in Jacksonville.

In Tampa he did not have Carr. Carr may not be Aaron Rodgers but he's better than what wad in Gruden's stable in Tampa

5 years..wait and see!

For one thing Gruden was robbed in the snowjob game; that was a game that the Raider should have won; like every sport writer in the USA agree that the Raiders were robbed except for Boston sport writers...not sure if they would have won the next game, but we will never know, so Gruden might have won a superbowl that year...

Also the Ravens game; big fat Tony landed on Gannon and got him injured; if that did not happened maybe the Raiders would have beaten the Ravens and gone on to the Superbowl...

I know Gruden has only won one Superbowl, but he did come close to getting to the Superbowl a few other times...

I think Gruden will get the full 10 years. First Mark loves him and believes Chucky walks on water.

He'll get 2018, and 2019 for free. That means he just needs 8 year in Vegas to complete the contract, but I predict he'll get an extension before it's up.
    I don't know if Gruden is going to win a Super Bowl, hell he might even drop a few 6 win seasons during his time.

The Raiders will be in the playoffs during the next 10 years. Maybe not every year, but they will. They will win the division, and possibly go deep at times. The AFC west will be the Raiders during this time. I'm not sold on Mahomes, Denver is aging and still doesn't have a QB, and Rivers will retire soon to spend time with his 1400 children, and move back to San Diego.

Coaches who have returned to their former teams in the past have not had much success, but who knows.

Time will tell..look at Gruden's record..sure Del Rio sucked other than one year, but really what has Gruden ever done except win a Super Bowl with another coaches players & our play book??
    That comment about winning a super bowl with another coaches players is laughable. That other coach Tony Dungy couldn't win a Super Bowl with those same players. That other coach is also considered to be one of the greats, i disagree with that.

You could say that Bill B only won super bowls in NE because of Brady, they were ready to fire him prior to the Bledsoe injury.

Please don't short change Gruden as a head coach, he is very good at his profession and anyone that is concerned that the game has changed since he last coached can rest assured that he will be ready to go when camp opens.

Do you think Gruden will be coaching the Raiders 5 years from now out of his 20 million 10 year contract LOL If you do your delusional!!!
    Thats your opinion, i can't predict what will happen 5 years from now, but you are naive to believe that the guy can't coach, he's brought in one of the best group of coaches that this team has ever had, and that is a huge plus.

I'm a Raider Fan first, i may be delusional but i believe that i've seen enough football over the years to realize that this team is positioned well for the future.