Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Suh

Biggest D FA move was getting a legitimate coaching staff on that side of the ball. Add basically getting an extra 1 n 2 this year (last years) will help too. We should be able to see what was drafted the last couple of years as well. The D’s problem really could have all been coaching.

Seems like some are upset that Suh cancelled his visit. Simply could have added the Raiders to the itinerary as leverage. Rams more than likely the last team he was considering.

Would have loved to added him to the team but the skies certainly not falling. This board would have blown up if we brought him on board, unfortunately it didn't work out.

As for the salary cap that number is a joke. ANY team can get a player that they want, there are a lot of ways to get creative, we were always in cap hell with Al and the next thing you knew we had 20+ mill to spend. Reggie is frugal, he is not going to change, and in the long run we will be a better team because of it.

We'll be just fine, if you lined this current roster up with this coaching staff against last years team we'd go 16-0!

The drafting has been Shit for the most part..a few good picks, but has been really bad for many years back to Al's aera, if gruden can correct that it's the first step, how will gruden be as a coach not sure?? He was handed a Super Bowl from another coaches work..only time will tell??

Quote Originally Posted by Oakr8der View Post
    Would have loved to added him to the team but the skies certainly not falling. This board would have blown up if we brought him on board, unfortunately it didn't work out.

As for the salary cap that number is a joke. ANY team can get a player that they want, there are a lot of ways to get creative, we were always in cap hell with Al and the next thing you knew we had 20+ mill to spend. Reggie is frugal, he is not going to change, and in the long run we will be a better team because of it.

We'll be just fine, if you lined this current roster up with this coaching staff against last years team we'd go 16-0!
    The Raiders ranked 25th in sacks per game last season. Triple team Mack and the opposing QB had all day to throw. That's the area I was looking to improve with a quality free agent. Suh could have been that guy. Richardson or Wilkerson would have also helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The Raiders ranked 25th in sacks per game last season. Triple team Mack and the opposing QB had all day to throw. That's the area I was looking to improve with a quality free agent. Suh could have been that guy. Richardson or Wilkerson would have also helped.
    Suh would have been ok, but I feel like he's too pricey. He definitely not the same guy Miami got a few years back. Wilkerson, and Richardson do not fit this scheme in my opinion, although I find it interesting to see the Vikings sign Richardson. I think he's at his best when he's lined up outside the Tackle. You're right, the defense needs to generate more sacks, and turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The sad part is if Mack is getting tripled team, even a half decent defensive lineman would.be able to get to the QB over 50% of the time. Unfortunately for us, we didnt have that..we know have a Def coordinator who is competent and will get the best out of this defense. I would really like to sure up our LBing crew along with a monster DT, and a safety like Eric Reid...
    I like Conley and Melvin as our CBs... if we can get that pressure up front, our D will be much much better, with these 2 hopefully staying healthy as our CBs.

Vea Vea Vea!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    The sad part is if Mack is getting tripled team, even a half decent defensive lineman would.be able to get to the QB over 50% of the time. Unfortunately for us, we didnt have that..we know have a Def coordinator who is competent and will get the best out of this defense. I would really like to sure up our LBing crew along with a monster DT, and a safety like Eric Reid...
    I like Conley and Melvin as our CBs... if we can get that pressure up front, our D will be much much better, with these 2 hopefully staying healthy as our CBs.
    I don't see this defense being much better than last year..with 4 wide receiver sets what do we have? Besides Mack the only other baller we had was Bowman & of course we signed a bunch of scrubs instead of locking him up..Autry was pretty good..I bet they didn't even make him an offer? Our defense is Pathetic..we had 2 players & now we have ONE!

Wheres FIB Savior to cheer me up and let me know this is good news?