Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well so much for Trumaine Johnson

15 Million. butler was 5-61, Johnson will be 5-75. Crazy money.

His position coach is their VP of personnel.....but at the end of the day, it was the 15 million per.

Guess we're drafting a CB with our first pick.
    On another note, I hate these websites where videos load and have a commercial before the content that I don't want to watch anyway. I click pause as soon as I can.

im glad we didn't over pay for trumain johnson he is certainly not worth 15 million per yr after finishing in the 60's according to pff at th cb position

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    im glad we didn't over pay for trumain johnson he is certainly not worth 15 million per yr after finishing in the 60's according to pff at th cb position
    I agree you have to pass even if it's a need.

His contract is a joke, Butlers contract is a joke.

Raider Nation was screaming for a GM because of the signings tha Al made.

We now have a GM and who understands how the cap works. No more cap hell for this team.

The signings that have occurred although not yet official are ridiculous, good luck to the teams that overpaid for mediocre talent.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I was hoping for a DT with the first pick, but the Raiders now have a big hole at CB. If they don't sign Bowman, they will have a hole at LB too. Goodbye Vita Vea.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    On another note, I hate these websites where videos load and have a commercial before the content that I don't want to watch anyway. I click pause as soon as I can.
    I absolutely detest these sites with their stupid embedded videos! I don't even visit them anymore. Worst is they are slow to load, so I'm reading the second paragraph and the sounds comes in at full blast and scares the shit out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hungary87 View Post
    I absolutely detest these sites with their stupid embedded videos! I don't even visit them anymore. Worst is they are slow to load, so I'm reading the second paragraph and the sounds comes in at full blast and scares the shit out of me!
    It's good that the Raiders are waiting for soon the irrational exuberance money is going to dry up which would be the right time to do our signing. We need to come up with corner who could start from either FA or Draft. If it is through Draft then it will have to be a high pick, if not then our DC needs to make a decision as to who fits his system best & go after that guy. The last DC who brought players that fit his system was Willie Shaw & the defense was very good but the Al Davis never liked any DC who didn't run his system and let him go. Obviously the secondary that Willie Shaw had can't be replicated (Charles Woodson, Eric Allen, Late Eric Turner, Albert Lewis), but that defense functioned very well as a team.

Horrible contract. Glad we didn't sign this guy. He's overrated anyway. Melvin on Indy had a good year and is under the radar.

That money for Johnson and Butler is insane. Butler has one 2nd team all-pro and one pro bowl appearance and Johnson has neither. Butler got a very average 79.2 PFF score and Johnson a slightly lower but average 74.2. Johnson had one 7 INT season and never more than 3 beside that. Butler has had 8 INT in 4 seasons. I dunno, I would have liked either of these guys but for that kind of money? Both are now top 10 paid corners with Johnson being the top paid corner tied with Josh Norman. As much as I would have liked to see one added to the team, no way for that money.

So whose left?

Well, Jonathan Joseph may be 33, but he had a PFF right around the same as these two guys, and is familiar with Guenther's defense having been a Bengal for a few years now. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is 31, and as well is ranked around the exact same as Johnson/Butler and will come cheaper. Patrick Robinson 30, has the best PFF score and is still available as well - though he may be opting to stay in Philly, we could go after him if he is someone the Raiders are interested in. Tramon Williams is going to be 35 this season, but he was still ranked in the top 10 of CB's last year while in Arizona. EJ Gaines is only 26 and also still a free agent with ranking as the #13 CB from last year. Rashan Melvin is 28 and also in the top 20 ranked CB's from last season. Let's not forget TJ Carrie is still available to bring back as well. Ross Cockrell, Bene' Benwikere....

The point here is that there are still plenty of solid options at CB for us to strengthen the position without crippling our future. We have young investments in the secondary with Conley, Joseph, Obi Melifonwu.....

The Raiders don't need to find a young, top paid CB. In fact, they need a veteran CB to pair with the youth in their secondary more than anything else. There is nothing wrong with signing a veteran to pair with Conley and drafting a mid-round CB this year. It's not time to panic yet We aren't going into 2018 with Conley and McDonald as our only CB's.