Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshawn Lynch Ready To Play Football For Another Year?

Marshawn Lynch Ready To Play Football For Another Year?

I hope he's right. If we can keep Crabs and Lynch and Gru can maintain control of the locker room, we will be a scary offense again...

as soon as demarco murray gets cut the marshawn experiment is over imo

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    as soon as demarco murray gets cut the marshawn experiment is over imo
    I would rather the Raiders let go Deandre Washington to make space for Demarco Murray. We have Jalen Richard, we don't need another scat back.

I agree we should get rid of either Washington or Richard for the same reason. Don't need 2 scat backs, IMO. However, I see a problem with keeping both Lynch and acquiring Murray. We're talking about 2 lead backs. Both will want to be the feature back and I doubt either of them would want to share snaps with another feature back. I think Lynch has another year in him. The real question will be whether Jon Gruden believes Lynch will fit in his system. Unless Jon has drastically changed his offensive philosophy, he'll use a back out of the backfield for frequent screens. BTW, I think the Raiders had mixed results with Lynch on screens and short passes in the flats.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_ghost View Post
    I would rather the Raiders let go Deandre Washington to make space for Demarco Murray. We have Jalen Richard, we don't need another scat back.
    Hmm...I'd rather keep Washington that Richard. Richard had a pretty ugly year. I'd rather have a drafted back then Murray though; one old guy is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by darthraider View Post
    i agree we should get rid of either washington or richard for the same reason. Don't need 2 scat backs, imo. However, i see a problem with keeping both lynch and acquiring murray. We're talking about 2 lead backs. Both will want to be the feature back and i doubt either of them would want to share snaps with another feature back. I think lynch has another year in him. The real question will be whether jon gruden believes lynch will fit in his system. Unless jon has drastically changed his offensive philosophy, he'll use a back out of the backfield for frequent screens. Btw, i think the raiders had mixed results with lynch on screens and short passes in the flats.
    dmurray is a dual purpose back a true dual threat guy whom doesn't have to leave the field vs lynch whom cant catch and is mainly a 1st and 2nd down back forcing us to make a change on passing downs or telegraph to the defense whats happening,murray was playing injured all yr 2017 but look at his work 2016 and he seems to have great yrs of production every other yr leaving 2018 as that yr for being great once more and he is still young compared to lynch

No thanks to Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    No thanks to Murray.
    Same. I'd rather roll with a rookie, Washington and get Olawale more involved.