Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Willie McGinest predicts the remaining records for AFC West

No, it's not.Playoffs yes, wild card no. Due to the amount of division games we still have to play. Chiefs can't get in as a WC either. Only the Chargers.
    Last edited by rawhead; 12-07-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Not sure how you're working the math/records. As of today, the Wild Card teams are 8-4 & 7-5. If either of them ends the season at 8-8 and Raiders & KC end at 10-6 & 9-7 the 9-7 would get the WC spot. Oakland or KC may not own the tie-breakers, but they either could still end the season with the 6th best record.

Don't worry if the horse is blind, just load the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRyb View Post
    Not sure how you're working the math/records. As of today, the Wild Card teams are 8-4 & 7-5. If either of them ends the season at 8-8 and Raiders & KC end at 10-6 & 9-7 the 9-7 would get the WC spot. Oakland or KC may not own the tie-breakers, but they either could still end the season with the 6th best record.
    I read an article written right before the Giants game that explained the entire AFC's prospects for the playoffs. Just like you mentioned, there was a lot of tie breaker implications. It said something like if the Raiders and Chiefs end up with the same record, the Raiders would have to beat the Chiefs this week and they would win the division. If the Chargers ended up with the same record as both, they could still be a WC team if... blah other teams in the AFC lost. I think there were 5 teams with WC potential in the AFC but the Raiders weren't one of them. I think Jags, Bills, Chargers Ravens and Titans were the one's.
    And also with the Raiders and Chiefs both at 6-6, both of them can't end up 10-6 with 4 games to play because they play this week and one will have to lose.
    Last edited by rawhead; 12-07-2017 at 08:59 AM.

10-6 is in - nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I read an article written right before the Giants game that explained the entire AFC's prospects for the playoffs. Just like you mentioned, there was a lot of tie breaker implications. It said something like if the Raiders and Chiefs end up with the same record, the Raiders would have to beat the Chiefs this week and they would win the division. If the Chargers ended up with the same record as both, they could still be a WC team if... blah other teams in the AFC lost. I think there were 5 teams with WC potential in the AFC but the Raiders weren't one of them. I think Jags, Bills, Chargers Ravens and Titans were the one's.
    And also with the Raiders and Chiefs both at 6-6, both of them can't end up 10-6 with 4 games to play because they play this week and one will have to lose.
    We are 5-5 in the AFC, with 2 games left in conference. We take the last 2, that puts us at 7-5 in conference. Realistically, Buffalo goes 3-1, Baltimore 2-2 the rest of the way. Buffalo finishes 9-7, with the head to head win over us and a 7-5 conference record. Baltimore, finishes 9-7 with the head to head win over us and a 7-5 conference record. I can't see Jax nor Titans going 0-4. They go 3-1, with the Titans scoring the w over Jax the last week. That puts them at 11-5 with the division crown, leaving Jax who I see going 3-1 as well, with a 9-3 conference record. Realisitically the Raiders best chance of a wild card is watching Buffalo go 2-2 or Baltimore go 1-3 at best, leaving Baltimore at 8-8 and Buffalo at 8-8, giving us the glimmer of a wild card in case we lose one of the divisional games, 3-1 puts us at 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thringtime View Post
    10-6 is in - nothing else matters.
    we aint going 10-6 though,maybe 9-7 if were lucky

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    we aint going 10-6 though,maybe 9-7 if were lucky
    Yeah, I see 7-9, hope I am wrong, but the way they been playing, just don't see a better record, if they beat the Chiefs then maybe they have a shot at the AFC West.

Only one more win? All these next games are winnable. The defense has changed under Pagano. Getting to the QB, movement on the line, turnovers, Bowman's play. 9-7 I think can win the division as long as we beat SD and KC.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Only one more win? All these next games are winnable. The defense has changed under Pagano. Getting to the QB, movement on the line, turnovers, Bowman's play. 9-7 I think can win the division as long as we beat SD and KC.
    Beast Mode can beat KC & LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Beast Mode can beat KC & LA.
    Sad but true. After looking at the highlights of the Chiefs/Jets game, not just Lynch, but every RB needs to milk the clock because the Raiders have no answer for either of their TE's or Hill. Carr needs to be spot on with his play action, not stare at his primary receiver. I don't think Peters being out will be a big advantage for the Raiders offensively. The running game will be.
    Stop the run. Hunt and Smith
    Put two safeties high on passing downs and blitz with LB's. Joseph can't cover a TE. Use Obi.
    I'm getting nervous.